Everton vs Sevilla Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 114 53.3%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Mason Holgate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Sandro Ramirez

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Ademola Lookman

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 12 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I just hope my theory that a poor pre-season results in a good season rings true. I'm hoping this is a case of the Manager finding the right blend.

Pickford is allaying the fears I had, both him and Keane might be major purchases but they are also major improvements. It might be a case of the Manager stumbling on his best side, I suspect there are a couple of youngsters on the bench who are champing at the bit to force a way in.

Pickford MoM.

Sounds like they were hopeless again.

Opponents onto the third game of three matches, and from what I read they were the sharper.

There not sharper in fitness terms dave, they just pass and move with abit of urgency. We like to plod are way through games. People talk about additions but I think Ronny needs to get into them before the stoke game. We always go to sleep for about 20 minutes in the first half.

Can we finally put Holgate as right back to bed , Kenny was much better when he came on.
Barry can no longer be an option in midfield.
Not sure where Klassen fits into this side....he & Rooney look to be getting in each others way.
Lookman was lively .
Keane looks the real deal.
Pickford mom , excellent performance.

No Besic?

Utter shambles this.
He was you are spot on. Couldn't believe that challenge, he'd of been off in the prem. Besic is not a centre half, liability with his over enthusiasm after he came on today, did some things well get him back in midfield.

Thought ref was appalling today.

Whoever voted for Schniederlin, you're not funny. He's really out of form....scarily so.

Can we finally put Holgate as right back to bed , Kenny was much better when he came on.
Barry can no longer be an option in midfield.
Not sure where Klassen fits into this side....he & Rooney look to be getting in each others way.
Lookman was lively .
Keane looks the real deal.
Pickford mom , excellent performance.
Holgate helped keep N'Zonzi under wraps (practice for Crouch maybe?) Kenny was good but needs to get his head up.
Thought Barry improved the control we were much more fluent switching play with him in the side.
Klaassen needs to get a goal or two, he'll settle in, oozes quality.
Lookman is magic.
Keane really looked the part in that kit, he could of played in Williams era!

Holgate helped keep N'Zonzi under wraps (practice for Crouch maybe?) Kenny was good but needs to get his head up.
Thought Barry improved the control we were much more fluent switching play with him in the side.
Klaassen needs to get a goal or two, he'll settle in, oozes quality.
Lookman is magic.
Keane really looked the part in that kit, he could of played in Williams era!
Think we went to a different game mate.

N'zonzi never moved out of the centre track...Holgate was no where near him.Also he was very poor.

Barry was terrible ....it happens to them all.
Silly lazy leg gave away the pen too.

Klassen & Rooney on the same pitch is totally useless.

Think we went to a different game mate.

N'zonzi never moved out of the centre track...Holgate was no where near him.Also he was very poor.

Barry was terrible ....it happens to them all.
Silly lazy leg gave away the pen too.

Klassen & Rooney on the same pitch is totally useless.
At set pieces mate, sorry should of stipulated that.

I don't think he was, he improved the style of play but Gauye should of been the deeper of the two. He was still an improvement of schniederlin even if I agreed with your view on him this afternoon!

I just think it will come, too much quality there. Klaassen will click but it will take a bit of time.

Pickford and Keane stood out. And the excitable young Sevilla fans in the Upper Bullens.
Koeman seems unsure about midfield balance....two holding players maybe too turgid, but Rooney, Klassen, Sandro and Davies and we seem very open.
And what about a genuine no. 9 before the deadline?

Just back in Scotland after the game. Really impressed with Pickford, England keeper in the making. Decent performance against a very well organised Sevilla team.

Great move for our first goal; then Sevilla had us chasing shadows for the next 70 minutes. TBF, they look like a good footballing side. Lookman's pace, touch, and shot were causing them problems. He has the potential to create chances for us. End of the day, it's a friendly, so hopefully we're ready to come out the traps against Stoke and take all three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.