Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After that Spurs game anything is possible. As long as we give it a go that’s the main thing. Goodison would have been bouncing for this.

City have all but won the league, Spurs will be be Spurs in the L/C final so 2 trophies. They should now concentrate on the C/L and don’t have the distraction of another cup run.
Play the kids City Ffs.

I'm pretty sure City have more shots than the opposition in every game they play. If they have a weakness, it's profilifigacy. Their shot conversion rate on occaisions is pretty poor (thus the talk of the need for Haaland). Obviously if, as frequently happens, they have about 27 shots, they'll put 4 or 5 past you. So we'll have to be at our best and hope they're not on song.

I honestly think (hope and pray) that we'll raise our game for this one. At least in terms of effort and application. However, as I say, we'll need a bit of luck. I'm feeling kind of optimistic on that score though so I think we might squeak out another narrow win. While being fully aware that they could absolutely blitz us, or simply run out comfortable winners by 2 goals.

3-2 to the mighty blues.

We 'could' do it and it would be a bigger result than the Derby - and we did that.

So why not.
If it comes to it I'd rather we go down swinging rather than passing the ball backwards, putting pressure on our selves.

We were out of this cup the second we drew City, I took the defeat then so it will be no surprise when our frauds hide away and let City bum us.... 3 or 4 - 1 to City.....

We have no chance...

City are miles better than us and probably the best team in world football right now. However, if they’re more focussed on winning the league and champions league then maybe we catch them on a bit of an off day and we have one of our on days we’re capable of against the big teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.