Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least its at goodison....

Hasn't gone well for us all season, I'm afraid.

Best plan is to go all out attack. We aren't going to grind out a 1-0, and City has been unexpectedly leaky of late. Our best hope is to try to rope them into a slugfest like the 3-3 United draw or the 5-4 Tottenham win.

In many ways Pep is the best manager to face in that scenario, because I don't think he can help trying to win by outscoring the opponent if you dare him to do so.

With Pep it's all about creating numerical superiority on the pitch, so let's send out the entire US state of Virginia wearing keeper shirts and see how he deals with a low block of 8.5 million.

Every game we play hinges on us scoring first especially this game because we're going to concede hopefully no more than 1 so we have a chance of extra time and pens

Honestly think we have to just go for it - 3-4-3/5-2-2-1

We need a response from Burnley and we'll have a very good side to play against. Use the gaps in left and right back positions to hold the ball and get James drifting through the middle to find Richarlison/DCL.

Make that midfield busy and get themmoff their pace.

Hopefully Pickford is back otherwise Olsen going back in.

View attachment 121402

I like your thinking, time to let the shackles off and go for it. Man United at home in the carabao cup quarter was so bad and I don’t want to see another repeat of that. However, I don’t think James will be fit to play again.

Godfrey to DM we need legs there.

Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane

Coleman Allan Godfrey Sigurðsson Digne

Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Subs: King, Iwobi, Nkounkou, Bernard, Gomes, Davies, Virgínia, Tyrer, Onyango.

Unavailable: Pickford, Delph, Doucouré, James, Gbamin (all injured).

Hasn't gone well for us all season, I'm afraid.

Best plan is to go all out attack. We aren't going to grind out a 1-0, and City has been unexpectedly leaky of late. Our best hope is to try to rope them into a slugfest like the 3-3 United draw or the 5-4 Tottenham win.

In many ways Pep is the best manager to face in that scenario, because I don't think he can help trying to win by outscoring the opponent if you dare him to do so.
Carlo will park the bus and hope for the best.

The positive i have coming onto thos is we lost two on the bounce going into it. Never winning g thos type of game going into ot on a good run.

Don’t think it matters who is selected to play, don’t care who is selected to play. We don’t have 11 players willing to give their all for the shirt so we will have a few passengers going through the motions and a few who will be passing the ball backwards for an easy life.
We could really be embarrassed here, that is us the supporters, not the players as I haven’t seen an ounce of professional pride in them.
Can see City putting 4 past us and then the usual message from a player or two “must learn lessons” “must stick together” “not good enough” “let ourselves down” etc. etc.
For the first time in nearly 60 years I am considering not watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.