Everton vs FK Jablonec Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the purposes of accuracy could you link all those "hating popcorn threads" I created about England this summer mate?

Oh they don't exist! Like those previews you promised mate.

Arse. Went.
I dunno about England THIS summer but if you want ones about PARTS of England over the last few years I'm happy to provide a list.

Like the previews too, but can't help but feel you're blocking Bizzaro's progression.

Typical first pre season game, got the job done and some of the rust off! Positives for Galloway and holgate (thought he looked very composed). Niasse looks very awkward today and I can see why that could be affective previously in his career! I hope he proves us all wrong! We badly need re enforcements in now koemans back in england, hopefully we will move on one or two players very soon!

Typical first pre season game, got the job done and some of the rust off! Positives for Galloway and holgate (thought he looked very composed). Niasse looks very awkward today and I can see why that could be affective previously in his career! I hope he proves us all wrong! We badly need re enforcements in now koemans back in england, hopefully we will move on one or two players very soon!
Niasse will be shipped off.

Glad to hear the younger lads did well.

Now I hate to bring tactics and that into this, but after accidentally posting in the transfer thread... I had some thoughts on the tactics today. Assuming todays tactics reflect something of what we can expect going forward, I found it interesting that when the ball went to one side and the side back pressed up into the attack, the other side back actually stayed back and pressed into the middle. The CBs almost rotated over for support, and then if the ball was swung back around, the SB was now in a CB role almost, and the winger on that side came back for the ball, almost where you would expect the side back to be under Martinez. Its an interesting tactic if its going to be used, and I think actually makes a ton of sense.

Doing this allows the side back on the side of the ball to press up and NOT have to worry about getting back on the break, allowing more offensive freedom and better interplay on that wing. It assures better support and defending should we lose the ball, the only downside to it means if you swing it back around, you have one less player on the far side to break the defense down quickly in the first 5 seconds. But provided you dont care about those 5 seconds, you can then reset to normal offense on that side with the side back overlapping, and the forwards rolling over to that side of the field.

Ill be interested to see if they also do this during the next preseason game.

Now I hate to bring tactics and that into this, but after accidentally posting in the transfer thread... I had some thoughts on the tactics today. Assuming todays tactics reflect something of what we can expect going forward, I found it interesting that when the ball went to one side and the side back pressed up into the attack, the other side back actually stayed back and pressed into the middle. The CBs almost rotated over for support, and then if the ball was swung back around, the SB was now in a CB role almost, and the winger on that side came back for the ball, almost where you would expect the side back to be under Martinez. Its an interesting tactic if its going to be used, and I think actually makes a ton of sense.

Doing this allows the side back on the side of the ball to press up and NOT have to worry about getting back on the break, allowing more offensive freedom and better interplay on that wing. It assures better support and defending should we lose the ball, the only downside to it means if you swing it back around, you have one less player on the far side to break the defense down quickly in the first 5 seconds. But provided you dont care about those 5 seconds, you can then reset to normal offense on that side with the side back overlapping, and the forwards rolling over to that side of the field.

What's a side back?

"Notwithstanding the fact that your proposal could conceivably encompass certain concomitant benefits of a marginal and peripheral relevance, there is a countervailing consideration of infinitely superior magnitude involving your personal complicity and corroborative malfeasance, with a consequence that the taint and stigma of your former associations and diversions could irredeemably and irretrievably invalidate your position and culminate in public revelations and recriminations of a profoundly embarrassing and ultimately indefensible character.".......Sir Humphrey Appleby....

Status
Not open for further replies.