Everton vs. FC Krasnodar. 11th December at 20.05.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAleny is 22, if there was anything about him it would have been shown by now. Garbutt is a smashing left full, more game time could see him challenge Baines for starts.

....McAleny perhaps trying too hard and it's not going for him. Big game for the lad as he's had serious injury problems. As for Ledson, he's played in international tournaments but this is still a big stage. I've been saying all season that Garbutt is top flight standard, amazed that no manager has taken a punt on him (unless he's got a move sorted).

Shame about Atsu, he'd started ok. Clearly look like our best chance will come down the left hand side. Not surprised at Kone, he can be a handful and it will be really good to have him fit and available. Hopefully we can draw level so the kids don't get despondent. Dowell got better as the U21 game progressed, he's shown a few nice touches.

I wouldn't call Browning a disappointment in that first half, but you wish he showed more. He won't get beat one-on-one, but he lacks desire to get on the ball in the attacking third. It's clogging up play a bit.
I think he'd have prospered with Atsu in front but young Dowell looks a bit raw

All those moaning about Howard and wanting Robles must surely have logged off in shame?

not really. a 23 year old keeper who plays every 10 months for 1 game, why don't people give him some support like? howard's vastly experienced and been playing for years with a settled backline and is still making mistakes every single game. i still doubt robles would have been any worse than howard this season.

but everyone's gone over this time and time again.

Hard to criticise a makeshift team. I will say though that Robles is mince.
Ball flush in the face and then running off leaving a huge near post hole. I havn't seen that level of goalkeeping comedy since playing at college. Pathetic. We need a keeper in January, we needed one in the Summer imo.

Lots of less-than-spectacular performances so far but, given the amount of experience this lot have had in an Everton shirt.... Not bad at all, I'd say

Status
Not open for further replies.