Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full backs for me today, both imperious defensively. Really set the tone. Mykolenko can really time a tackle and his assist for the second shows he is capable of getting forward on occasion. I bet when Wilfred Zaha retires I can imagine him saying Seamus was his most difficult opponent, he never gets the better of him.

Iwobi doing the pressing of 3 men and gueye just everywhere breaking up play they are the two hero’s today

That midfield 3 make it difficult for teams to break us down but there still needs to be more input from the wingers and wingbacks. I think it played into our hands that palace had no midfield today and just came to play dirty and disrupt us as much as possible.

Happy for McNeil as well wouldn’t mind him starting over gray and being given a chance.

Brilliant performance. I don’t mind saying I was worried that Frank didn’t change the team before kick off.
But fair play to him he got the team selection right ?

Hope he celebrates this well deserved win tonight ?

Seriously glad were not here moaning at one of the worst refereeing efforts at Goodison in all my 50 plus years

Firstly the serious: Palace came here looking to avenge the May result and the so called assault on Vieira (no chicken when it came to mixing it up)

So you have to ask how can 8 or more nasty tackles result in not one single red card and a near draw on cards (3-4) when our three were for basically moderate infringements..

And then we can refer to the two ludicrous drop ball situations - if not giving Everton the ball back was disappointing to say the very least, to not reciprocate with the same for us just three minutes later was beyond logic and impartial officiating

And the 2nd goal needing a flag instead of reviewing a flagless score..since he was inside it's very clear the flag was wrong.

And - no matter how much a 3-0 score at 90 is a result there is no law that permits to reducing 6 minutes of added time to 3..(five sub slots, one mass argument, one long VAR, several injury stops)

In conclusion I can only guess whether PGMO Refs are running a sweepstake on who can attract the most "You're Not fit to Referee" shouts in a game or season.

UTFT

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.