Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain the love for Allan?

When he receives the ball under no pressure his default is always to go backwards.

When we're trying to play out from the back he's in the centre of the field not being put under pressure yet he refuses to show, instead pointing to where he thinks it should be played, which is usually to a player under more pressure than himself; just looks so cowardly.

God only knows what goes through his head when he attempts a forward pass, sometimes he seems to think that he's going to be able to pass through an opposing player, the number of times possession is lost after his pass is appalling.

I accept he runs around a lot and is committed to harrassing opponents and attempting to win the ball back.

I also acknowledge that glorious 60 yard pass to DCL last night, that was stunning. I just wish he was more brave in receiving possession, less negative and more precise when he does attempt a forward pass.

He breaks up play and seems to be one of the few players we have that can tackle without giving away a foul

He breaks up play and seems to be one of the few players we have that can tackle without giving away a foul
Hmmm, I think that's one thing we're quite good at, not giving away fouls, apart from Holgate who seems to commit a foul every challenge he makes.

Yet without Michael Keane we’d have conceded many, many more. The problems we have are much bigger than just camping deep. Having Allan missing for 3 months plus and having to use Gomes in midfield offering little protection hasnt helped at all. Include us having to use centre half’s as fullbacks. You can’t honestly look at the team and pinpoint any problems on Michael Keane this season.

No, but we can look at the season as a whole and say the midfield and defence aren`t good enough, imagine an Everton side without Digne, Godfrey, Allan & Doucoure! Apart from those no one else is really outstanding... Depends if this club and us as a support base want to compete with the likes of Burnley or top 4.

Went for Godfrey, and I can’t really say why, probably because of his previous preformances, thought Richy started off bright and I liked the way he dropped a little deep to pick up the ball Harry Kane like, then just disappeared. :(:(:(

No, but we can look at the season as a whole and say the midfield and defence aren`t good enough, imagine an Everton side without Digne, Godfrey, Allan & Doucoure! Apart from those no one else is really outstanding... Depends if this club and us as a support base want to compete with the likes of Burnley or top 4.
Competing with Burnley would be progress on yesterday's dismal showing.

Cringe so much every time I see that second goal. Honestly gets worse every time I see it, proper pathetic defending that. Not sure why neither Godfrey or
Gomes don’t originally press the man on the ball, then Allan gets sent back to Italy by Mcneil, when he just had to stand him up. It’s so bad from us despite how good the finish was

I would say hes a better open play goalscorer than Kane as to where both players are now. I'd imagine evidence will back me up on that.

lol ... I take it your taking the urine ? Kane scores all types of goals, head, left foot, right foot, poachers goals , 30 yard screamers and pens and has done for a few years and is on course to beat shearer’s record

Cringe so much every time I see that second goal. Honestly gets worse every time I see it, proper pathetic defending that. Not sure why neither Godfrey or
Gomes don’t originally press the man on the ball, then Allan gets sent back to Italy by Mcneil, when he just had to stand him up. It’s so bad from us despite how good the finish was
That's 9 points lost to Fulham Newcastle and Burnley... We have real trouble with relegation dog fighters who are in your face, just cant mix it with them. Too nice...

You`ve got to feel for Moshiri, all the money he has poured in and we are garbage, probably in a worse position now than when we were skint.... 1st 5 years of Moshiri has to be labelled a catastrophic failure.
He's the one signing the cheques, he needs to get a better grip of himself and instil some discipline into the board, the management structure of the club and lead from the front.

He brought Keith Harris into the club to allegedly oversee the stadium project... when he had a track record of failing to bring the 'new Wembley' in on time and on budget, and I'd love somebody, anybody to clarify exactly what Harris did during his time on the Board ???

He wanted and got Koeman and Walsh and then allowed them to run amok with the cheque book, signing the wrong players and to ridiculous contracts. That failed miserably and he brought in Allardyce on an 18 month deal when every and his dog - including Allardyce - knew full well he'd be gone at the end of the season no matter what happened and signed the cheques for Tosun and Walcott... and he then brought in Silva who was far out of his depth.

From a footballing perspective, his only credible decisions have been removing Martinez, who'd completely lost his way at the time, and appointing Ancelotti - although he has a mountain to climb in working with Brands to continue to clear out the dross and somehow look to repair the squad.

I don't question his commitment in terms of financially supporting the club but, I do question exactly what the overall plan is because the small window of opportunity he himself talked about when he first arrived five years ago cannot still be part of the plan.

He didn't want us to become just a museum, he wanted us to compete for titles and trophies and become a fixture in the Champions League... and whilst we have improved our standings visa-vie the previous two seasons, we are nowhere close to be seriously considered contenders.

Ok still pissed off today but we have ten games to go all to play for, next week's a free go against city then nice to get a couple weeks off from Everton and let's see what end of season brings

That's 9 points lost to Fulham Newcastle and Burnley... We have real trouble with relegation dog fighters who are in your face, just cant mix it with them. Too nice...
We look confused as to when to press and when to stand off. Against better sides we keep our shape a lot better and go more direct and it works, against bottom half sides we think we have to play keep ball and we’re not that side at all unless we have no injuries with James and Allan fully fit. Need more pace on the counter, lack of a right hand side is killing us because we’re so predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.