Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the game yesterday due to work. Watching the MotD highlights (never a balanced source of information, I know) it seemed that:

a) we lost the midfield battle; and
b) Pickford was back to his worst, rooted to the spot and being beaten by long-range efforts that most prem keepers would handle without any fuss.

From the perspective of watching the entire match, would anyone please be kind enough to confirm or refute these two points?
Sorry mate but please explain what was Pickford fault ? Are you sure that you watch correct highlights

Sorry mate but please explain what was Pickford fault ? Are you sure that you watch correct highlights
I've literally just answered that exact question from two other posters in this thread. I didn't lay fault at Pickford's door - I specifically explained the question I was asking, and why.

I'm not here to do your reading for you pal.

Another opportunity that knocked goes begging.

Sadly, I think the squad depth and home form could kill the euro dream for us this season. The right side is a real problem with iwobi and holgate so poor.

We were always going to struggle without Doucs, James and Mina, as were back to the gash that's stunk the place out for the last 2 seasons - sadly, more struggles to come.

At least we have the bast manager possible to find solutions.

UTFT.
Should know better after all these years. But after the Leeds Chelsea result I was absolutely convinced we'd get a win. Such a shocking display.

We have a big issue at right back. The amount of times we look to the right and Mason is there. Given he's not a RB but his final product means we often miss out on good opportunities to put a decent ball in the box. He had 50 touches last night despite coming off early. Coleman of course is a lot better going forward but he's in the twilight of his career now so we really need to invest in this area.

Brands should be sacked just for sanctioning the Iwobi deal let alone spending £34m on him. Negligence of the highest order......

His performance in that role has been abolutely dreadful.......

Olson, Holgate, Keane, Mina, Coleman, Delph, Gomes, Gbamin (Be realistic he isnt gonna play again!), Davies, Besic, Iwobi and Bernard all need moving on ASAP. Just look at the wages in that lot! Must be £400k to £500k a week on players who just arent good enough. The only players I`d keep are :-

Pickford
Digne
Godfrey
Allan
Sigurdsson
Doucoure
Richarlison
DCL
Rodriguez

Just 9 players with the required ability to compete at the right end of the PL, there in lies our problem that even with our strongest XI playing we are carrying 2...

Ive been supporting Everton for 30 odd years and I use to be bothered about results like this, I’m not anymore our football is so poor we deserve nothing. I mainly put the problem down to 3 to 4 players, I’ve said many times we can carry one of them but 3 or 4 and we’ve got no chance. So imo Iwobi,Sigs and Gomes need to go ASAP, Davies I would hang on to atm.
Somebody said that early doors...'if more than 1 of those 3 stooge are on the field - we won't win'

And he was right.

No worries , I was probably writing at the same time or just missed that post , my question was based of us blaming Pickford for almost everything which is not always fair

Brands should be sacked just for sanctioning the Iwobi deal let alone spending £34m on him. Negligence of the highest order......

Olson, Holgate, Keane, Mina, Coleman, Delph, Gomes, Gbamin (Be realistic he isnt gonna play again!), Davies, Besic, Iwobi and Bernard all need moving on ASAP. Just look at the wages in that lot! Must be £400k to £500k a week on players who just arent good enough. The only players I`d keep are :-

Pickford
Digne
Godfrey
Allan
Sigurdsson
Doucoure
Richarlison
DCL
Rodriguez

Just 9 players with the required ability to compete at the right end of the PL, there in lies our problem that even with our strongest XI playing we are carrying 2...
I reckon nearer a million a week in wages of those you mentioned (at least a couple must be on £100k+ per week). Although I could haggle on a couple of names in both lists, I agree with you about big clear out is needed.

Pickford
Digne
Godfrey
Allan
Sigurdsson
Doucoure
Richarlison
DCL
Rodriguez

Keane has been our best central defender this season. Hate the way people leave him out because it’s cool and they don’t like him. If Godfrey had the same stats Keane had this season we’d all be praising him to the moon and calling him the next Labone.

I reckon nearer a million a week in wages of those you mentioned (at least a couple must be on £100k+ per week). Although I could haggle on a couple of names in both lists, I agree with you about big clear out is needed.

Its a damning indictment of our recruitment that we are having to do this again on this scale. I cant think of another club which is so hamstrung when it comes to having to move players on that were bought for big money and on big wages which are not fit for purpose.........

Status
Not open for further replies.