Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have looked decent in patches here but our central midfield certainly lacks energy without Doucs.

This is where Carlo really earns his coin as I’m at a loss for how to change that based on the options we have from the bench.

Strangest half of football all season. Burnley are being made to look sensational, there 2 average midfielders are outrunning and outpassing our 3, Allan is trying but Gomes and Davies to a lesser extent just can't snuff out danger, Digne doesn't want to mark and Iwobi is thinking too much, he started well but has made terrible decisions since.

Going forward we look good, Richy sharp but final decision making is off, could have slipped Iwobi clean through but went for the harder ball to Iwobi.

I mentioned Wood earlier always a banker to score against us and trust McNeill to score goal of his life against us, they could also have had 3 pens.Why can't the Burnley that turned up against Spurs show up.

Can still win this.... Coleman for Holgate quick he's truly not good

Spurs didn't allow Burnley to play. We have.

I don’t think this is his team though yet. Hopefully this summer we will give him the signings he needs.
No manager has "his team" in the first year but you always can say "oh THAT'S what they are trying to do". What's that for us? I haven't seen anything. We are dominated, CONSTANTLY, by teams at the bottom. How does that make any sense?

We've been awful for 30 minutes....but burnley are an awful team...if we can equalise early, we can still go on and win this...although very worrying how open we've been, our midfield has been invisible too much...

We cannot make 3 subs because we have already made 1.
Great pass by Allan in that half...a real highlight.
The lads are really earning their coin tonight...up against class opposition. I would bite your hand off were you to offer me a draw now

Status
Not open for further replies.