Match Thread Everton vs Bournemouth 3pm Saturday 4th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to pick an opponent on current form it would be bournmouth....

I'd put Leicester or Sunderland in there personally. Both in freefall and in Leicester's case several senior players really not getting on with their manager.

Should beat these though I think it'll be a tougher game than many are saying. Maybe wouldn't start Gana though so soon after the CON.

To have any hope at Europe, this is a must win at home. Losing or drawing to them with any lineup just sets us back. I'm very interested to see what lineup RonKo comes up with

This is precisely the false sense of security they want you to have.

Dunno mate, if you look at there form and defensive record over the last period it's utterly shocking.

Last 12 games, conceded 3 or more in 8 of those games - including against Hull, Millwall, Saints, Burnley, conceded 2 in 2 of the other 4 games as well (28 conceded in the 12 games prior) and thats before you factor there best most dangerous player just went down with an ACL in Wilson.

Honest to God, as fans we should be going into this game expecting us to absolutely hammer them

At least they tend to play a bit open. I'm more concerned about the following 3 home games when we're going to have to break down teams.

As you say though, Bouremouth are slipping towards the drop zone so Howe may decide to go more cautious. I am expecting a hard game either way.

He won't mate, Howe will keep on playing the same way they always do - if a team like that suddenly tries to go against everythign theyve been doing for years they will be all over the shop initially when they adjust (in that regard i do hope they try it)

Our pressing which has massively improved of late will give them absolute nightmares tomorrow

I would play this, get at them :

Robles
Williams - Mori
Coleman ----------------- Baines
Gana
Morgs ---- Davies
Barks
Rom -- Mola​
Exprriment with a diamond anyone. See if we can get as many of our boss midfielders on the pitch without playing anyone out of position. Gana at the base and Ross the top. Luk and Look up top.

Reckon we should try it out sometime during next 4 home games. Perhaps against someone more likely to park the bus maybe.

Great minds and all that;)

We should win, if we play with the required intensity from the off.

Would be tempted to start Lookman, in many ways this is the ideal opportunity for him to start, but I think RK will continue to ease him in gently.

Robles
Holgate Mori Williams
Coleman Baines
Gana
Schneiderlin Davies
Barkley
Lukaku

Nothing false.

We are a really good team, they aren't as good as us. We are in form, they aren't.
Dunno mate, if you look at there form and defensive record over the last period it's utterly shocking.

Last 12 games, conceded 3 or more in 8 of those games - including against Hull, Millwall, Saints, Burnley, conceded 2 in 2 of the other 4 games as well (28 conceded in the 12 games prior) and thats before you factor there best most dangerous player just went down with an ACL in Wilson.

Honest to God, as fans we should be going into this game expecting us to absolutely hammer them
Yeah, wasn't being entirely serious there.

I agree entirely but still can't help feeling that Everton and expectation go together like oil and water.

But yes, we should beat these if we consider ourselves to have anything about us.

Not even joking, this really should be a simple 4-0 or 5-0 win. Their early season form has vanished, they've been absolutely shocking for the last month or two.

I agree entirely but still can't help feeling that Everton and expectation go together like oil and water.

But yes, we should beat these if we consider ourselves to have anything about us.

Aye it's a hard habit to break isn't it lol, but it's down to koeman to get them switched on for this, we go in up for this there ripe for a rodgering

Imagine Ron will go

Robles
Coleman Williams Mori Baines
Barry
Davies Gana
Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Schneiderlin gets a rest after Wed night. He may go with Lookman for Mirallas though as it could be the ideal game to go with him and get at them

Status
Not open for further replies.