Everton volleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
McFaddens, remember being so so dejected after battering them and Bent's last minute equalizer, then last minute of stoppage time he pops up with that!

It's a volley if it doesn't hit the ground.

...that's why I don't think Sharpie's famous goal v rs is a volley. He takes the pass with his left, the ball then hits the floor bounces up and he lashes it home. Lovely stuff, but for me a true volley would've been take the ball and hit it without it touching the floor. Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I don't think his famous effort is a true volley. I'll go back in my box now.

Another good one from the 80's...Kevin Sheedy against Villa:

[video=youtube_share;ODdXm3qORXE]http://youtu.be/ODdXm3qORXE[/video]

...now that's a volley. What a player. Remember him scoring another one in Gwladys St, can't remember the game but the cross went beyond the far post and he bent it back into the far corner. He was great.

...now that's a volley. What a player. Remember him scoring another one in Gwladys St, can't remember the game but the cross went beyond the far post and he bent it back into the far corner. He was great.

It was against Watford 84/85 season. He only scored special goals did Sheeds, even is header against Man Utd that season was awesome.

It was against Watford 84/85 season. He only scored special goals did Sheeds, even is header against Man Utd that season was awesome.

....remember watching a Lancashire League game at Bellfield many years ago. Everton B were playing Blackburn B and Andy Hinchcliffe was watching from by the dressing rooms. Kids were getting his autograph but standing alone looking after Blackburn was Sheedy. "Now there's a proper player" I said, which prompted little Eggs to run on at the end to get his signature.

Half Volley but whatever:

[video=youtube;dcL3wNZHVM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcL3wNZHVM8[/video]

If I know my history, we hadn't won a derby for like 7 years until this.

Can't remember if Jelavic's goal was a volley or just a half volley against Real Madrid in pre season. Ace whatever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.