Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans not happy and can’t blame them. The football is truly awful. Same patterns of play over and over. Same slow and boring football. Left side is wide open but Mykolenko and McNeill have nothing in the locker. Not much to like about this team at all.
Yeah but we have barely supported the side. If we want to progress, for 90 mins we have to actually support the side. Look at the difference it made last year and how much more enjoyable a match was!!!

There is one real positive I can say which is our pressing from the front has been effective and seen us win possession a couple times in very dangerous positions so clearly the coaching on this has been good.

In possession we’ve been cowardly and crap though.

I don’t think clapping and waving is going to be improve players talent. Sounds desperate if people are hoping this.

A few half-time thoughts:
Considering it took a full 2 minutes for us to cross the half-way line and 6 minutes to get into the opposition penalty area, to get a goal inside the first 7 minutes is nothing short of miraculous.
The goal conceded can only be described as pathetic by the whole defense.
Notwithstanding he took the corner we scored from, the fact that McNeil can only use his right leg for standing on is very worrying for a professional footballer. He never uses it for even making a short pass.
Having the game on Amazon with no commentary is a godsend.
I could have been watching Warrington Town instead of this.

What an absolute shambles. Player clean through on goal, can't even control the ball. What's the actual point of Mcneil if he was clean through with the keeper on the half way line he'd probably turn round and pass it backwards. FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.