Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate, it wont be easy, its just about steady progression for us now. Tbh, 7th isnt really our owners aim either. Next season will be harder for us in terms of getting players in that this season because we have to bring in better than what we have.

You really wouldnt like to see this Everton side playing like we are right now? Even when we lose, i'm happy its never through a lack of effort. Reading here, it seems plenty think you blokes give up a fair bit. Not sure if thats the general consensus around Goodison park or just the people who post on here.

I like us to be playing like a team a lot more than 5 points ahead of us. I'd like us to be able to defend a simple free kick for a start. 16 goals already. It's shambolic.

Yeah we do have a team who give up. We've not won 1 match from a losing position. We've gained only 2 points. Our players are overpaid and go through the motions. They are the most pathetic group of Everton players in history. You wouldn't trust any of them to bust a gut or make a tackle for the team. They are a disgrace to the shirt.

I like us to be playing like a team a lot more than 5 points ahead of us. I'd like us to be able to defend a simple free kick for a start. 16 goals already. It's shambolic.

Yeah we do have a team who give up. We've not won 1 match from a losing position. We've gained only 2 points. Our players are overpaid and go through the motions. They are the most pathetic group of Everton players in history. You wouldn't trust any of them to bust a gut or make a tackle for the team. They are a disgrace to the shirt.

Down to the manager? or does he have too much to sort out from previous years. Tbh, Silva doesnt seem like a manager who stays around to get the job done. Left Hull after relegation. Started well at Watford then fell away once he couldnt leave quickly to join you then they sack him. I think his reputation is taking a bit of a battering tbh.

...nah, not for me. The players are accountable, no doubt about that but a very good manager gets them organised, gets them disciplined and gets them fired up.

The league isn’t great, it’s a fantastic time to break into the top four.
Agreed first point. Second point Need a good clear out and a spend no less than 250 million to compete with top four. PLUS a big name manager to attract them to come.

Down to the manager? or does he have too much to sort out from previous years. Tbh, Silva doesnt seem like a manager who stays around to get the job done. Left Hull after relegation. Started well at Watford then fell away once he couldnt leave quickly to join you then they sack him. I think his reputation is taking a bit of a battering tbh.

I don't blame him for the lack of heart from the players. That's been recurring. Although I do blame him for not replacing them.

The defensive organisation is 100% on the manager though. Every time there's a free kick or corner we look like conceding. No one wants to win a header. I've very little hope in the manager. He's like a crap version of Martinez. Just as bad defensively only no Lukaku to score goals.

Don,t want him to stay around. ! Inept and no experience for a job like this. And the players under him know it

If teams could pick an away ground to play at, it'd surely be ours. We let teams settle in to a rhythm from the off and are just so easy to play against. Sad times

Status
Not open for further replies.