Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers. Saturday 21st August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Hello sunshine, come into my life.

And we were expecting what? Strange how a summer of not losing our best players can distort the ambitions of most of us, and this is not one of them kick a cat when he's down thing, as were still ace. Well, aren't we?

Disappointment prevailed all round post Ewood Park result, you sort of had that horrible little doubt of the ghosts of opening day past when you seen Osman on the right but we still had enough quality on that pitch to put Blackburn to bed, we didn't. Part of the evolution of this team is going to be having the shoe on the other foot now with teams looking to get in hard, stifle us and put men behind the ball. The nice possession play counts for not much when it takes into injury time to test the portly too good for England Mr Robinson.

But the dismay will dissolve and turn to optimism by about Wednesday for most, as a home game against Wolves is the sort of game you're looking for to get your season started.

That's not a slant at Wolves who are benefiting from a more than decent team put together by their blunt speaking sturdy foreheaded Manager. They drew both games against us last season so won't be patronised like is the tendency to do with those teams battling it out in the middle of the table, a la Blackburn. They beat Stoke on Saturday too, super goal from that free kick too like. Steve Round is going to be pencilling all sorts of pre-emptive measures in his jotter tonight when he sees that on Match of the Day. The wools of the Midlands wont give an easy game.

But all things considered and knee jerk statements out of the way, we should be beating Wolves. The general disjointedness in our play against Blackburn should be addressed in training during the week and a squad containing many words of new season would want to turn it on you'd think. Not conceding first will be vital, as we seen at Goodison last season how effective Wolves can shut up shop.

Moyes said all the right things about no ones place being guaranteed and it's likely we will see some changes, probably the most significant of them all will be Heitinga's return to the side after another week's fitness, but where: at centre back or in midfield? Probably the former. Up front we were generally toothless and on the right hand side you would anticipate Anichebe starting if he shakes off whatever knock he's carrying.

Welcome back to Goodison y'all, hope we see the Everton we were expecting this season.

Team id like:

Howard

Coleman - Jagielka - Heitinga - Baines

Bily - Arteta - Rodwell - Pienaar

Cahill

Beckford​

Team we will get:

Howard

Neville - Jagielka - Distin - Baines

Osman - Arteta - Fellaini - Pienaar

Cahill

Saha​

1-1 draw :rolleyes:

the top one is pretty ace. dont know why osman constantly gets the nod over billy. ditto distin for heitinga. hope johnny is match fit by next week, but doubt it

A Wolfie coming in peace here gents!

Very much looking forward to another trip to Goodison on Saturday, especially after a cracking result for us today! We played better than the scoreline suggests and could have scored more. However, this is the Wolves we are talking about, and we generally manage to dampen any early season optimism early, so I am not expecting to be in the same good mood this time next week!

We have bought well (in my opinion) this summer, and Fletcher already looks class! I went over to Ireland for pre-season where he scored a quality goal, and he has followed it up with goals today and in last weeks game against Bilbao. Looks like a sound investment! And hopefully Doyle will be fit for next week!

Any questions and I'll be here all week! Looking forward to the banter in the build up!

Richards!

Good team with no confidence Vs Less good team with confidence

Tough to predict really...

...Ive got a feeling the atmosphere of the match will be abit dry too

It really hurt today not just the Howard miscue but the overall team looked way to flat and tired first game out.

They will have to really pull up their laces against Wolves to get a result all the other usual suspects today looked good. Still early but I'm still scared to death about our strikeforce and the link up to our strikers.

Our early goal last season killed the atmosphere, so hopefully it will be a bit hotter next week.

I fancy a good game though. We have improved so much since we were first promoted, and although we are a million miles from Everton in terms of personnel and experience, we will give you a good game (fingers crossed!)

I can't wait. My preferable line up is:
Howard
Hibbert Jags Jonny Baines
Pienaar/Osman Arteta(c) Rodwell Bilyaletdinov
Cahill
Beckford
Bench - Mucha, Saha, Coleman, Fellaini, Neville, Vaughan, Distin

A Wolfie coming in peace here gents!

Very much looking forward to another trip to Goodison on Saturday, especially after a cracking result for us today! We played better than the scoreline suggests and could have scored more. However, this is the Wolves we are talking about, and we generally manage to dampen any early season optimism early, so I am not expecting to be in the same good mood this time next week!

We have bought well (in my opinion) this summer, and Fletcher already looks class! I went over to Ireland for pre-season where he scored a quality goal, and he has followed it up with goals today and in last weeks game against Bilbao. Looks like a sound investment! And hopefully Doyle will be fit for next week!

Any questions and I'll be here all week! Looking forward to the banter in the build up!

Richards!

welcome mate, good to have different fans on this site, freshens things up

You guys expecting to make any additions to the squad before next weekend? Any deals in the pipeline, or is it business done?

Status
Not open for further replies.