Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there simply has to be wholesale changes to a team that's absolutely stunk the place out for 1.5 games so far this season. You cannot give players a chance to 'make it right' when these very same players were dropped last season for EXACTLY the reason why fans want them dropped now.

I think all five of Young, Keane, Patterson, Doucouré and Gueye need to be out. I'd say Onana and Iwobi too but I just think the others in midfield have been slightly worse, even though those two have been appalling as well.

I'd go with:

Pickford
Godfrey-Tarkowski-Branthwaite-Myko
Onana-Garner-Onyango
Iwobi-Danjuma-Dobbin​

It won't be that, of course, but players should be dropped for their woeful efforts and others who've had to sit and watch should be given a chance to show they're capable of doing better.

In any case, due to have pathetic full back and attacking options across the entire squad, I see us losing this regardless of which xi is sent out.
Isn’t Iwobi out for weeks/months?

Can't believe were heading into this huge game without recognised senior wingers and probably Neal Maupay upfront.

We have to see changes to the line up, and see something different to give the fans a lift.

------------------Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
-----------------Onana
Young ----Garner-----Doucoure ---Dobbin
-----------------Danjuma

Bring Garner into CM his best position, drop Gana, try Onana in a holding position, and keep him there.

Good time to give Dobbin a shot, so bring Mykolenko back in and have Young on a wing.

Don't particularly want to persist with Patterson atm but he's still a better option than Godfrey there.

Danjuma up top, anything better than Maupay, and hopefully he'd take a chance when given it.

Assuming no DCL or Iwobi

Pickford

Patterson
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mykolenko

Garner
Onana / Douc
Gueye

Young / Dobbin
Maupay (I'm so sorry)
Danjuma

It's interesting to see the various possibilities for a starting eleven against Wolves but they all omit two glaring facts about our manager. Firstly, he does not know how to pick a well- balanced team, especially if it means giving a chance to younger unproven players. Secondly, he cannot get the best out of the players we have. And, it goes without saying, his in game management is woeful.

Came in to work on Monday and nobody even took the piss. Not even the resident RS fans. That's how bad we are now that I don't even get the weekly banter. I think they're all now just embarrassed for me. I see them look at my Everton mug and then just look away as if they didn't notice it. I'm already pessimistic about playing at home against an appallingly bad Wolves side. I wont get my hopes up for much out of this one. Dom needs to wear one of those masks to protect his beautiful face and turn in to some kind of alter-ego psycho who scares the bejeezes out of opposition centre backs. Be the hero we all crave and drag this awful club along for another stomach churning ride. Can't think of any sensible starting 11 and no doubt Mr Dyche won't do anything other than the obvious with his team selection. But we live in hope.

Adams is still training with Southampton today so it's looking very likely Maupay starts this game and basically just puts the kit on.
Thats as good as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.