Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that time again where I get to enjoy my visit to Goodison on the back of watching my team enter the European group stages . Hopefully we aren’t to mentally or physically tired and can come and dish out another beating at your place once again .

I doubt we will open up to much but play a more defensive game where we will invite you upon on us then counter attack at speed and precision if jota and jiminez are on there game . We are a defensive team first and foremost and will look to capitalise on any loose balls or mistakes you present .

I think If you manage to score first that will benefit you, as then we will have no option but to come out and press obviously leaving space for your pacy Italian forward to exploit , but if we score first , I can see us putting 2 or 3 past you on the counter . Looking forward to experiencing Goodison again and hopefully leaving with a smug smile on my face ;) good luck and see you all Sunday UTW
Better luck next year.

Stick your stacks and flares back on ya scruffy yam yam and get back home to finger your sister again, her sweaty hole stinks of yers mars sweaty cock breath ya inbred black country kopite xxx
Any need?

Your support was shocking , how do you let another team come to your ground and out sing you? especially when your a goal up the majority of the match . You made more noise last season when we beat you 3-1 . Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully your fans get more behind the team in the returning fixture . UTW
So was yours.

Sign on? Really?

Well done Everton today. These little boys are getting way above their station .

This lot need to make the most of their current lofty status in the league as I can't see it lasting beyond a few seasons.

They are already struggling with the demands of the Europa League which will see them about 10th at best this season. It's funny seeing how naive their fanbase are as well. I've read a few comments and a lot of them have just assumed a constant upwards trajectory to being where Man City are, when 7th is the best they will do so it's all downhill for them from here.

They will really start to suffer in the next 2 seasons when their better players move on and that strong group they've had for the last couple of seasons is broken up. The novelty of their little project will wear off and mediocrity will sink in. Fortunately for them, their owners have the finances to stabilise them as a mediocre Prem side like a Bournemouth or Palace, but knee jerk and impatient sackings could then see them slipping towards relegation.

A bit of both I 'd say seeing as how Ricarlison does not track back as much as he should

Probably under orders though, and probably for the best IMO. I'm kinda old fashioned and believe that forwards shoulds conserve their energy as much as possible, so they are fresh when the team breaks.

@Wolf man I need a word with you mate. I put the mortgage on Wolves to beat us based on your great experienced premier league knowledge.

How you going to make this right Wolf Blitzer?

This lot need to make the most of their current lofty status in the league as I can't see it lasting beyond a few seasons.

They are already struggling with the demands of the Europa League which will see them about 10th at best this season. It's funny seeing how naive their fanbase are as well. I've read a few comments and a lot of them have just assumed a constant upwards trajectory to being where Man City are, when 7th is the best they will do so it's all downhill for them from here.

They will really start to suffer in the next 2 seasons when their better players move on and that strong group they've had for the last couple of seasons is broken up. The novelty of their little project will wear off and mediocrity will sink in. Fortunately for them, their owners have the finances to stabilise them as a mediocre Prem side like a Bournemouth or Palace, but knee jerk and impatient sackings could then see them slipping towards relegation.
They really do have some pretty unrealistic expectations . They are miles off the top 4. They won’t even challenge the top 6 this season . Something ain’t quite right this season. They don’t have the squad to compete in Europe and the league. Then before you know it player unrest will set in .

2 things, no commentary on footy is beautiful. And absolutely LOL at Iwobi & Keane celebrations after Richarlisons first goal

Status
Not open for further replies.