Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is on players, I could see there is a plan, strategy, but the players are simply not good enough, and the worst thing is there is no replacement as well. It's horrible set of players, imagin this team without gray and Townsend.
Iwobi miss was massive today. Changes the match.

Bad game, move on I reckon. It’s very obvious we desperately need Richarlison and DCL back though, as the drop off in quality is huge.

Thought today was the first game that Allan and Doucoure weren’t very good too, which contributed
I'm fine with that but neither Richarlison or DCL help us control spells of games

And while they help to add presence in both boxes, they aren't responsible for our deliveries or defensive organisation at set-pieces

And to say we're so bad at defending corners, we love giving them away. But that's cause we defend ridiculously deep and constantly allow crosses into the box.

Apart from the Villa game we’ve dodged bullets up till now without Richarlison and DCL. . But let’s face it up until the last 15 mins when Rondon showed a bit of effort, playing Rondon and Iwobi was like playing with 9 men. The amount of attacks that broke down from the poor play of these two was infuriating if not expected. They aren’t good enough for Everton football club.
They aren't , fully agree. The squad is missing creativity with two AM gone and with only one form of attack. There isn't any clinical players to take individual chances once the first choice are out.

I have faith that come next season , many of the players who aren't good enough now will be gone and replaced. It was always going to be a long season for us , I think fans forget that we are on the bones of our arse after the summer.

Well Rafael gets beaten by Moyes, when it used to be a sure thing.

Pickford picked a really bad day to make a mistake.

I'm really concerned about Rondon. When he left the ball behind in the second half (and then put his studs through Soucek's face), I thought the crowd was booing him. He was ok in the last 15 minutes to be fair.

Coleman is finished and I don't know why they want to use his side more than Digne's.

Godfrey looks better in a back 3.

We needed to go with a mid 3 - with Tom Davies in the middle with Doucoure and Allan to track Soucek's runs. Iwobi, Gray and Townsend up top.

Iwobi is like 3/4s crap, 1/4 really crap.

Benitez has got to take his share of the blame for this defeat, we were under the cosh for most of this game and what does he do to try and change things, brings on ONE substitute near the end. Even if our subs are not very good surely we should try and change things.

You have to wonder what kind of dirt Rondon has on Benitez to make him continually sign him to professional contracts.
He has this habit of proving his buys right, gets lot of stick for that. Rondon isn't in his 20s that he could improve him, he could only get worse.

I'm fine with that but neither Richarlison or DCL help us control spells of games

And while they help to add presence in both boxes, they aren't responsible for our deliveries or defensive organisation at set-pieces

And to say we're so bad at defending corners, we love giving them away. But that's cause we defend ridiculously deep and constantly allow crosses into the box.
Some decent deliveries today to be fair....to nobody. And that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.