Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with that but neither Richarlison or DCL help us control spells of games

And while they help to add presence in both boxes, they aren't responsible for our deliveries or defensive organisation at set-pieces

And to say we're so bad at defending corners, we love giving them away. But that's cause we defend ridiculously deep and constantly allow crosses into the box.
I’d argue the inclusion of those two does give us slightly more control, as against Rondon teams know they can step up and play higher because he is an absolute crab, teams also know that Iwobi adds pretty much nothing which probably makes them more confident.

In addition DCL and Richy are much, much better at pressing the opposition, while obviously makes it a bit harder for them to hold the ball.

Much what I thought, up against a team that has established identify. Our injury hit first team will be peddled, the grand sum of two but that's football, however, we will happily take points off injury hit opponents and bask in our brilliance, not an excuse for me. Players out thought and manager out witted. Who did actually play well for us...
Yes who actually did play for us, not many, Michael Keane has never been my cup of tea but I thought he made fewer mistakes than any of the others, made a couple of good blocks and got my vote, a poor game but West Ham were slightly better so just about deserved the points. It’s going to be a long wait for January when we can strengthen this very weak squad.

You mean the rondon who had 11 in 32 at Newcastle and 14 in 27 at dalian professional? This is the ONLY time Benitez has signed him and it's not really working.
I have seen him at Newcastle, he was quiet good actually. Wonder what has happened to him.

Benitez has got to take his share of the blame for this defeat, we were under the cosh for most of this game and what does he do to try and change things, brings on ONE substitute near the end. Even if our subs are not very good surely we should try and change things.
I agree, but then when I look at the bench I am left wondering what you could do to make it any better to be honest. I mean yeah you could swap out Rondon and Iwobi, but I’m not sure that those options on the bench would have changed the way the game went. Our squad is so poor.

I’d argue the inclusion of those two does give us slightly more control, as against Rondon teams know they can step up and play higher because he is an absolute crab, teams also know that Iwobi adds pretty much nothing which probably makes them more confident.

In addition DCL and Richy are much, much better at pressing the opposition, while obviously makes it a bit harder for them to hold the ball.
True, but in terms of just being able to dictate a spell of a game mate, they don't help us that much. Neither of them are brilliant on the ball

Wasn’t dreadful, but I feel they had more quality overall.

Pickford was hopeless for that corner and I feel that Rondon was a deliberate stamp, though it is hard to prove either way.

it actually hurt us, as I felt West Ham looked more solid at the end with five at the back, and seemed to find it easier to create. That may have been due to us chasing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.