Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a football manager paid millions to have an encyclopedic knowledge of world football.
However anyone can see that Rondon is finished and Benitez had the advantage of seeing him first hand.
You can only blame the manager for his recruitment.
Playing Rondon was like playing with 10 players today.
I don’t see how a manager can be blamed for a deadline day signing who wasn’t really expected to even feature for us

Brands had all window to find a backup for dcl on the cheap. We tried to get jebbinson but our pockets were not deep enough.

There’s not many options out there when you can only spend pennies and not pounds

I don’t see how a manager can be blamed for a deadline day signing who wasn’t really expected to even feature for us

Brands had all window to find a backup for dcl on the cheap. We tried to get jebbinson but our pockets were not deep enough.

There’s not many options out there when you can only spend pennies and not pounds
So it's OK to buy a crock if you don't expect to play them.....ok

It’s a frustrating one that today because West Ham didn’t really do much they kept the ball well but apart from one shot in the first half Pickford didn’t have much to do in goal. We conceded from a set piece which was sloppy and came close a few times but that lack of quality up front paid dividends today. Like others have said if dcl and richy were fit we probably win that today.

As for team selection the only one I questioned was Iwobi for Gordon but let’s hypothetically say Gordon started today and missed those chances then the fanbase criticises Benitez for leaving a 30 mil player on the bench. Yes iwobi was shocking and shouldn’t play for us but Gordon is only 20 and has hardly set the world alight in his previous performances for us or even on loan at Preston last season. I believe he deserved to keep his place after his performance against utd but there is no way you can honestly believe that if Gordon started today we would have definitely won. The only other selection issues are dobbin and Mina. Have no idea how anyone can say that Mina should have started. All the South American players didn’t play for their clubs this weekend so why should Mina? As for dobbin. 99% of the fanbase don’t even know who he is but thinks he should start ahead of Rondon. I get it that people think Rondon is crap and that their granddads could play better but if Benitez starts dobbin and he has a real stinker that lads career could be over before it begins there is no need to put pressure on a young lad like that. Same goes with brining him on to try and chase a draw. It’s just pointless. The real issue is the lack of squad depth which needs to be addressed in January. Today wasn’t a Benitez problem it was a moshiri and brands problem which goes back years and years of bad decisions and poor spending which are affecting us now as we try and rebuild yet again under a new regime. At least under this regime we are still creating chances and getting some decent results with absolute turd burglars in the squad
Voilà.
No more debate necessary imo. Great summary

It’s a frustrating one that today because West Ham didn’t really do much they kept the ball well but apart from one shot in the first half Pickford didn’t have much to do in goal. We conceded from a set piece which was sloppy and came close a few times but that lack of quality up front paid dividends today. Like others have said if dcl and richy were fit we probably win that today.

As for team selection the only one I questioned was Iwobi for Gordon but let’s hypothetically say Gordon started today and missed those chances then the fanbase criticises Benitez for leaving a 30 mil player on the bench. Yes iwobi was shocking and shouldn’t play for us but Gordon is only 20 and has hardly set the world alight in his previous performances for us or even on loan at Preston last season. I believe he deserved to keep his place after his performance against utd but there is no way you can honestly believe that if Gordon started today we would have definitely won. The only other selection issues are dobbin and Mina. Have no idea how anyone can say that Mina should have started. All the South American players didn’t play for their clubs this weekend so why should Mina? As for dobbin. 99% of the fanbase don’t even know who he is but thinks he should start ahead of Rondon. I get it that people think Rondon is crap and that their granddads could play better but if Benitez starts dobbin and he has a real stinker that lads career could be over before it begins there is no need to put pressure on a young lad like that. Same goes with brining him on to try and chase a draw. It’s just pointless. The real issue is the lack of squad depth which needs to be addressed in January. Today wasn’t a Benitez problem it was a moshiri and brands problem which goes back years and years of bad decisions and poor spending which are affecting us now as we try and rebuild yet again under a new regime. At least under this regime we are still creating chances and getting some decent results with absolute turd burglars in the squad
I was aware we had a lot of players who are turd at togger...but I did not know we also had ‘absolute turd burglars in the squad’. I suppose with LGTBQ quotas, it was inevitable...but I just wish our turd burglars weren’t so turd.

What excuses from our manager for this loss then? Instead of Rondon and Iwobi why can he not start with Dobbin a or Gordon or both, could they be any worse than this pair he played?

West Ham had Vlasic, Yarmolenko and Lanzini on their bench

We had Gordom, Dobbin and Tom Davies.

Fans have to shoulder some of the blame today as well stadium was a morgue all game kin get behind the players and raise the tempo!!

And we had 2 keepers as subs as well.

Pathetic squad depth.

The only upside today was that Delph remains AWOL.

What excuses from our manager for this loss then? Instead of Rondon and Iwobi why can he not start with Dobbin a or Gordon or both, could they be any worse than this pair he played?
I would have started Gordon instead of Iwobi, but other than that I think most peoples teams would be pretty similar to the one we put out. There wasn't an abundance of options.

This guy earns more in a week than most people do in a feckin' year. 100% on Benitez this one. I was hoping Benitez was going to be ruthless about performance but feared he had a problem admitting he was wrong. I'm a little more worried after Rondon has finished every game on the pitch.

This guy earns more in a week than most people do in a feckin' year. 100% on Benitez this one. I was hoping Benitez was going to be ruthless about performance but feared he had a problem admitting he was wrong. I'm a little more worried after Rondon has finished every game on the pitch.
rondon is 4th choice, 1st, 2nd and 3rd are injured

you want a 5th choice striker starting for us instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.