Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today was the whole season in one game.

We lack any semblance of ability, confidence or composure when trying to convert chances. Our main striker has been profligate for 20 games...that’s over half a season. Despite what people say we do create chances. Converting them is the issue.

The whole team, but the midfield especially simply cannot keep possession for more than three passes. The amount of times we give the ball away under no pressure at all is criminal.

Substitutions and in-game management are abysmal.

Teams know we have limited creativity and lack real pace. Consequently, they sit back and put the onus on us to dictate the game, and we simply cannot do it. Instead we either give up possession with a wayward pass or as a result of the high number of massive punts up field we throw into every game. We play much more effectively against teams who come and take the game to us.

An aside - we have two season tickets and have had them in the same seats for over 20 years. There’s another seat that isn’t a season ticket dividing them. Every week whoever is sat there happily moves up a seat no issue. But not today. Oh no. ThIs absolute plum steadfastly refused to move as he’d “been waiting for this seat for years”. He just needed to move one seat to the left. Was a right ‘kin oddball...straight out of The League of Gentlemen. If it was you well done on being a grade ‘A’ tosspot.

Yes I’m not saying we’re ace.

I’m saying we were far from pathetic.

Please explain what constitutes as pathetic?

Because from where I am standing we were.

Poor passing, poor decision making , lack of composure , absolutely shocking finishing, the subs made us worse ( again…. For the second week in a row) , our game management was terrible and once Sean had made his ghanges….. we looked like a team that was playing together for the first time and shipped two injury time goals ….

We are and we’re pathetic mate..powder puff, schoolboy , amateur , boring and predictable …. As was the final outcome.

Football is for me fella I have been watching it for 30 odd years and if player is responsible for two goals conceded then a description of shocking is not only apt but considerably mild.
responsible for the last goal for sure, but also throwing everyone up for the corner led to that too. He was also responsible for all the forward passing and the assist for the goal, to ignore all of that for one moment at the end when we're chasing the game is a bit cras

Highest rated performances by goalkeepers in the Premier League this season:

◉ Alphonse Areola vs Everton (9.74) ◉ José Sá vs Everton (9.42) ◉ Bernd Leno vs Everton (9.11)

lol cursed club.

So either we hand a luck rabbits foot to the opposition gk when we play or…. We hit them with lots of shots that lack quality and power so that they look like amazing gk on paper

Carlton Morris, Luton, has scored 8 PL goals this season and cost about £2M. Can you imagine the anger if a player like that was linked with Everton? But, we could really do with those goals
We normally wait for a year, then pay £20-30 mil for them, after the purple patch. As soon as we sign them, they revert to type & look like a £2 mil player again.

Please explain what constitutes as pathetic?

Because from where I am standing we were.

Poor passing, poor decision making , lack of composure , absolutely shocking finishing, the subs made us worse ( again…. For the second week in a row) , our game management was terrible and once Sean had made his ghanges….. we looked like a team that was playing together for the first time and shipped two injury time goals ….

We are and we’re pathetic mate..powder puff, schoolboy , amateur , boring and predictable …. As was the final outcome.
Did you watch the second half?

Did you watch the second half?
I did in full colour and I agree we are terrible at passing or holding the ball , the amount of times passes were made but the other player had read the situation wrong and wasn't there to recieve the one/two was ridiculous , we did look like they hadn't played together . I love Garner but what happened to him making the pass leading to the third goal ?

I did in full colour and I agree we are terrible at passing or holding the ball , the amount of times passes were made but the other player had read the situation wrong and wasn't there to recieve the one/two was ridiculous , we did look like they hadn't played together . I love Garner but what happened to him making the pass leading to the third goal ?
Mate we battered them in the second half.