Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
…when you lack quality in the top third you have to make up for that by being defensively sound. We are defensively sound, he sets us up to give us a chance. I doubt another manager would make these players score goals.
How our two wingers & Doucs stayed on as long as thet did a complete mystery all 3 sho old have been subbed as was our leftback too... shocking individual performances from all 4 players

Last edited:
The players run a lot but they don't have any conviction or a good enough mentality in attack.

That sort of result doesn't happen with a group with a good mentality.

I'm thoroughly fed up watching players who don't even believe they can score. Why are you playing at this level if you have zero composure.
I reckon they're trained not to think for themselves on the pitch, they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over...

Smash & grab by West Ham. If not for their keeper it would have been 3 or 4 goals for us. They score from a corner with the wrong man (Godfrey) picking up Zouma, score a worldy against the run of play, then pick us off when we're pushing for the equaliser when Garner gifts them with a loose pass. Just glad Forest & Palace also lost, and hoping Villa do us a favour tonight. Besides the 2 faults, I thought Godfrey & Garner played well.
This is how i felt tbh. We made mistakes and they were punished. Another day and we win that 3 nil.

Smash & grab by West Ham. If not for their keeper it would have been 3 or 4 goals for us. They score from a corner with the wrong man (Godfrey) picking up Zouma, score a worldy against the run of play, then pick us off when we're pushing for the equaliser when Garner gifts them with a loose pass. Just glad Forest & Palace also lost, and hoping Villa do us a favour tonight. Besides the 2 faults, I thought Godfrey & Garner played well.
At last.... someone who speaks sense 🤣

How many times have we had efforts cleared off the line this season. Rarely ever get a flukey goal or rub of the green. If only had 1% of the luck or corrupt decisions that crowd have across the park we be alright