Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same back four unless Coleman is fully fit.

Maybe ask Dacoure to sit in front of the back four and not venture forward, then play Iwobi, Sig, James and Richarlison in front of DCL.
If James isn’t fit, play the same shape as shef utd and keep Davies next to Dacoure

Same back four unless Coleman is fully fit.

Maybe ask Dacoure to sit in front of the back four and not venture forward, then play Iwobi, Sig, James and Richarlison in front of DCL.
If James isn’t fit, play the same shape as shef utd and keep Davies next to Dacoure

Coleman will be fully fit.

He was first on the bench for the Arsenal match, 13 days before.

He started against Man U 9 days before and also came on against Sheff U 6 days before.

PRI_166395841-e1602843354658-640x480.jpg

Welcome to a new Dawn, same as the old Dawn probably, but Carlo.

Poor Dawn.

Goats 11 to start :
Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Doucs
Gomes - Iceland
Hamez - DCL - Rico​
Coleman isn't a starter for me anymore. Holgate stays at RB,be foolish to change a back 4 that's give us so much joy late.

Coleman isn't a starter for me anymore. Holgate stays at RB,be foolish to change a back 4 that's give us so much joy late.
Yep agreed. Not when we're on this decent run anyway.

Don't change anything right now!

Also we have a huge advantage against West Ham who played mid week and travelling again. As long as the team doesn't give up any stupid goals, I think they can definitely win.

I also like we have a game in hand, and even though its Man City, its almost like a free hit at 3 points. Worse thing that can happen is we stay in the same position.

Looks as if

Pickford

Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey

Doucoure Davies

Iceland

Iwobi DCL Richie

Will be how we line up with a possibility of Coleman starting although I think bench more likely. Maybe a chance of Gomez but again bench more likely for me.

Rodriguez back for the 9th Jan hopefully, although that's FA Cup and there must be doubts around that competition going ahead.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WEST HAM P/C

Richarlison passed fit, James Rodriguez ruled out​

One of them is okay. The other one unfortunate not, we have to wait a little. Richarlison is okay. James Rodriguez, no.

More on James Rodriguez​

For James we have to look day by day. Unfortunately he’s not ready yet, he’ll take a little bit longer. I hope for the game on 9th January he will be ready.

Carlo on Man City cancellation​

The announcement was four hours [before kick-off]. We were at the hotel but it doesn't matter if it's early, it doesn't change the situation which was quite clear. We move forward."

No clarification yet​

We didn't receive full information from the PL on the postponement but we expect it soon.
We were at the hotel before the game but the situation was quite clear.

Carlo on enforced break from Man City​

The fact that we didn't play against City, we can have fresh legs against West Ham,
it can be an advantage. I hope that we are ready.

Carlo on rising Covid cases​

I think it's a difficult moment, not for football - it's difficult for the country. We have to take care of this, follow the protocols & I think not all the people are following the protocols, wearing masks and taking social distance.

Carlo's plea to public​

"I feel safe in our bubble, but outside, I have to pay attention like all the normal people. I was surprised yesterday,
I was walking and not all the people were wearing the mask. It was outside but it doesn't matter.

Carlo on West Ham​

The last game we increased our consistency above all defensively. We were strong, solid defensively. Every game has its own story. West Ham played last night, it will be a difficult game. I have not yet found an easy game. Every game is a battle in PL.

Message for fans​

“To meet fans at the stadium will be the best start to 2021. The moment of the team is good, we want to celebrate the moment with them.

Carlo on recent form​

We did well honestly were it seemed the games were more difficult. We found solidity at the back after a difficult month in November.
We are pleased, we know we can compete. We have improved our confidence and belief. We are ready to compete against West Ham

Carlo on Moyes​

He arrived the same time that I arrived here. Last season was difficult, he avoided relegation.
This season is different for West Ham. They are competing at the top of the table.
So a lot of respect for this team & we will see what we are able to do.

Comparison to last season​

I think we are doing well compared to last season & this is the target: to improve every year.
I don't think this season we will be competing at the top but next season we have to improve what we are able to do in this one

Change of strategy​

It’s true, we didn’t change our style or philosophy but sometimes in games we change our strategy. The fact this squad is able to adapt to different situations, one is that we lost important players, second if you concede you have more difficultly.
In some games our block was a little bit deeper and for that we got good results"

Carlo on DCL form​

It's true that DCL didn't score like he did at the beginning. At Chelsea he was involved in the penalty, against Arsenal, the goal.
I don't need to ask him to score goals.

Carlo on Richarlison heavy-handed treatment​

I don't think so. He has protection.. The referees are okay and there are strict rules. He doesn't need more protection. He is a powerful player. He is so fast. Sometimes the contact can be dangerous but no more.

Carlo on Allan/Digne​

Allan is doing individual treatment. At least around the end of January he will be ready. Lucas Digne is doing individual sessions and could maybe train with the team in one week to 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.