Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
defensively we were solid. unfortunate deflection turned in to a goal chance.

offensively... wow. glad to see not only mine 2021 started poorly. if this lot can improve, so can I.

People could see it coming. We have been grinding results out without playing well at all. We were awful vs Sheff United as well but luckily they are the worst the league has to offer. Playing a team who played a couple of days ago with a keeper who hadn’t kept a clean sheet in 3 years and didn’t look like scoring a goal.

Embarrassing that. God awful on every level. Created fook all squared and carried no attacking threat. They came for the draw and anything else would be a bonus and we did nothing to boss the game. Big learning curve for the team and the players. We’ll get better, I don’t doubt that in the slightest.

ps. If andre Gomes could do what he did when he came on every week he would be a shoe in to start.

Unfortunately this was inevitable, of course the performance would be slow having had a rest, how much more Everton could we be?

Silver lining, we’d have all taken this tally at this point of the season if it was offered at the outset so just put it behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.