Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon
Davies
Iwobi

Shouldn’t be anywhere near our 1st team.

Need to get shut ASAP.
Agree, but it's far easier said than done.
What club on earth would pay a fee for 32 year old finished-up Rondon? So the only way he goes is if EFC pay him off and take yet another hit on a player. Davies would probably have some suitors being a younger, homegrown player - not so long ago Palace and Saints were linked with him, which is probably about his level (although Palace do look like they might have moved on a bit since then). As for Iwobi: he was a £35m transfer for a player with a 1-in-10 goal ratio at Arsenal, is probably one of the top earners at the club (so at least £100k p/w?!) and still has no notable set position or stand out attributes; except now his goals/assists numbers are down to something like half a dozen in 2 years?!? No club in their right mind is paying more than £10-15m for him at most (and that's only because he counts towards a homegrown quota), which again, would mean the club taking yet another massive hit on transfer dealings. Shambles!

Missed the game but watched 3 different sets of highlights thanks to you tube.
Positive - Gordon seemed to do OK and was unfortunately hooked
Negatives - 12 minutes to let 4 goals in, defenders throwing their bodies in front of shots that never happened, Allan and Davies seemed to just decide they could stop shielding the back four and have a rest. Sarr made Digne look awful with ease.
we should have won that game 2-1, we had arush of blood to the head just like the Villa game and perversely like Burnley but in reverse.
Havent seen anything like that since City at the end of last season and even that was not as bad....

Missed the game but watched 3 different sets of highlights thanks to you tube.
Positive - Gordon seemed to do OK and was unfortunately hooked
Negatives - 12 minutes to let 4 goals in, defenders throwing their bodies in front of shots that never happened, Allan and Davies seemed to just decide they could stop shielding the back four and have a rest. Sarr made Digne look awful with ease.
we should have won that game 2-1, we had arush of blood to the head just like the Villa game and perversely like Burnley but in reverse.
Havent seen anything like that since City at the end of last season and even that was not as bad....
BTW Benitez gets and F grade for game management, bring on a sub at 2-1 or even 2-2 and start to run the clock down.

Our problems are many but the manager and the players are two distinctly different ones .Getting rid of the manager has been done too often recently ,it is the mentality of the team when they are scored against that is the hardest to sort out .
I will never be happy with him as manager unless we win the champions league twice , it is the squad where we have real problems ,in all my time watching Everton I don't remember having so many that play regularly who are below standard week in week out .
I cannot think of any manager coming in that would turn this lot around .
We have a few players here that would be lucky to get a game anywhere in the prem .
His reluctance to play some fringe players has me puzzled .No name calling today as I think I would run out of ink doing the list . COYB
The problem we’ve got with this manager is that so many supporters are against him. As soon as a couple of bad results are posted the whole place goes toxic. This must in turn affect the players and on it goes. I’m not defending what happened yesterday, that was a disgrace. I’m simply thinking of the inevitable future ups and downs.

It’s worse than that. They’re not soiling themselves. They can hardly be bothered chuckling because we’ve become an irrelevance to them. We’ve not competed with them meaningfully for 30 years. They’re looking at city and Chelsea. if anything they feel a bit sorry for us.
This squad lacks quality and it lacks character. Yesterday was an abomination. I grew up with ratcliffe, Reid, southall, sharp. Not Iwobi, rondon, delph. Squad needs a major overhaul and Rafael needs to radically rethink his set piece tactics and game management
I could not agree with you more and I think that’s what really hurts. Most rs fans genuinely pity us.

Status
Not open for further replies.