Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford will sit deep with a low block, we will watch Rondon and Iwobi lose the ball for 90 mins. No cutting edge but it depends what sort of team we have by the time we get to the match, still plenty of time for more injuries.

0-0, cant see us scoring especially with Rondon and Iwobi in the side with either Davies, Gomes or Gbamin. Honeymoon period over for Benitez, Townsend and Gray.

FWIW I don`t Iwobi and Rondon should be anywhere near this club, even if it means playing Gordron and Simms!

Hoping for a win but totally deflated by Sunday and further bad news this week, but as ever we will wait and see.

COYB
Townsend and Gray are the ones i think will cause these the problems - thought they did ok sunday despite us not been our best as they still put a few super Crosses in etc that should have had a finish on the end of them

Townsend and Gray are the ones i think will cause these the problems - thought they did ok sunday despite us not been our best as they still put a few super Crosses in etc that should have had a finish on the end of them
I agree, what I mean is this the time we find out what they are all about when it isnt going our way. I was sceptical about Townsend signing but him and Gray are almost keeping us in the top half of the league by themselves! 2 good signings by the gaffer, the less said about the 3rd the better.....

What is clear we need much more and better players

Doucs being injured feels like an opportunity for others to step up (even though they never have before).
For me I would tell Davies to show that he is a box-to-box player as this is what he wants to be, and what Doucs is. If he can't do it against Watford then he never will. Iwobi just refuses to perform so has to be dropped. Dobbin to replace Rondon just because Rondon offers us nothing going forward while Dobbin should get a chance, again against a really poor opposition.

Pickford
Coleman, Godfrey, Mina, Digne,
Townsend, Davies, Allan, Gordon
Gray
Dobbin (fit and knows where the net is, unlike Rondon)

Watford will be smarting from their thrashing by the feared Merseyside PL team. But they'll have no fear against Everton and we will cop the backlash of their desire to exact 'revenge against the scousers'. I would happily settle for a boring 0-0 draw but I fear a 2-0 or 2-1 loss is on the cards.

PS: if Mrs Tom Cleverley is in attendance, can someone take pics of her and post them in the 'Fit Birds' thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.