Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Credit where credit is due. DCL deserved the goal - but it was Harrisons last touch literally on the goal line.
It was DCL's effort that was going in though - Harrison would not have 'scored' without DCL's goal bound header.

Sweet Jesus, we trying to find any reason we can now to make it sound like DCL done something good?

Didn’t hear anything like this while he was poaching other peoples goals during his purple patch

When Onana is fit does he get back into that team? Especially with Doucks coming back
Depends who is back first onana was at the game today so expect him to be closer, would have him in the team next week in a mid 3. But would have nobody in doucs role
Mate we are shocking.

Just watched Luton piling forward , their players taking on and beating players, quick one touch footy…. They’re shaky at the back but they have players “ worst than ours” and play and look 10 times more confident than we do.
Dont think shocking is the right wasnt great football today, still think we need more luck infront of goal and i still expect players to get into better form

anyone else notice in the stadium they said it was a VAR check to see if coleman was offside for the second goal

just watched the highlights and coleman was right in the mix and was nowhere near offside

im guessing it was a stadium error and they were just guessing which player was offside

Didn’t watch yesterday but just watched the full 90 on the official site. What a shocking game!!! Outside of Richarlison’s 2 goals it was an awful watch for both teams. How we struggle to make simple passes or even simple decisions mind blowing, these are meant to be professionals.

Gave Gana MOTM just for being a nuisance and disrupting them as much as possible.

McNeil needs dropping for a while.

Would have took a point off one of the scab teams before kick off, but I thought we were sound yesterday, considering the injuries we have, and deserved more from the game.

Some infuriating defending for Richys goals, but have to say he took them both well.

No issue with people applauding him either, he was a class player for us and clearly still respects Everton.

I was brought up to applaud and appreciate good football from either the opposition or Everton, as should all evertonians - it doesn’t mean you still don’t want us to batter every team we play.

Gana my motm, he was all over them like a rash, covering every blade of grass - he was like a man possessed, like pre-PSG - hope he continues like that now.

Honourable mentions to Branthwaite for another assured performance and 1st goal, and for my captain Sheamo, for his tremendous shithousery. Godfrey derserves to play, did well before his knock and Young did ok as well, he’s much better higher up the pitch for us.

Dyche has to give dobbin, Beto and chermiti more minutes, they have affected the game positively whenever they come on and make things happen, especially when McNeil, Harrison and DCL look goosed or have stunk the gaff out.

Onward Evertonians.

P.s - big Ange the cryarsing kopite moaner - maybe get yourself a better keeper who doesn’t flap it on every single cross there Mate, instead of trying to blame non-existent fouls on him, ya flamin drongo!

This. The time wasting and slowing down the game was a deliberate tactic I think to spoil the momentum we had built in the first half. It made it difficult for us to really get into the second half. In my book it’s cheating but I’d imagine they think they are being clever.
rather than plain adding time on, the referees should book them for time wasting too, because you are correct, they are deliberately and unfairly slowing the game down. I know it is a tactic all sides can and do use but booking players keeps constraints on it.