Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

But it's been this way for years

But too many fans just bought into the 'it's all about attitude and desire' argument. Said it tons of times, attitude and desire doesn't make you a good team. It's part of it, absolutely, but you need quality to your play too.

Fixed.

My take on the game, we put a shift in, pressed them and didn't allow them to settle. Footy wise it was a crap game from 2 struggling teams. I turned to my lad after about 30 mins and said the game had 0-0 written all over it. At the end of the day though at least we showed a bit of improvement.

It was a deserved red for Holgate IMO and the pen decision after looking at it over and over last night I'm still not 100% sure, it does look like Loris gets something on the ball but as I say, I'm not 100%. Keane was MOM for me, put in some important tackles and interceptions and looked solid.

Was good to put the effort in and stop the rot — although I think most will feel that 1 point isn't enough, given our post-international break fixtures.

Can't get my head around the pen decision.

Richarlison had the ball, and would have had an open goal to shoot at. And the ref gives Lloris the drop ball???

Did they even review Reguillon taking out Gordon?

We were shafted in 3 incidents there.

Talking to my Spurs pal in Brighton and he said the fans were surprised at how dirty we've become. The School of Science has gone a bit rough!
I said you must have missed the Watford match.
"Come in Josh - welcome back. The goal's over there, help yourself etc"
Nothing new, that was the excuse when they lost the League to us in 1963.
The Southern Press were all over it, they thought the sun shone out of their whitehart lane backsides...much like the rs now.

Can't get my head around the pen decision.

Richarlison had the ball, and would have had an open goal to shoot at. And the ref gives Lloris the drop ball???

Did they even review Reguillon taking out Gordon?

We were shafted in 3 incidents there.
Surely you wait and see what richarlison does with the ball before going to v.a.r, afterall if he bends it in top corner do we actually need the pen?
The only team benefitting from that decision is Tottenham which is baffling

Var is used only for "clear and obvious errors"

I don't understand how this was a clear and obvious error by the referee for VAR to overturn his decision.

IMG_20211108_135254.jpg

I wonder, if Richarlison had stayed down and the ball gone out of play, would the ref have blown for a penalty at all?

But that's paranoia on my part. Obviously VAR was the real problem yesterday, and the problem with VAR was that Moss was on the other side of the building, huffing and puffing to catch up to it.

Richarlson taken down.. No advantage played.. Blow it up to give Everton a Penalty.. Check VAR disallow the penalty.. Give the ball to Spurs after the decision.
There should be a strongly worded letter to the PL about the absolute state of their referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.