Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch will make of today’s proceedings? Then again he is another idiot so who cares o_O

That was more like it, more than a bit of fight throughout the team. Holgate however, during his short time on the pitch, tried to undo all the good work and it was probably a blessing he got the red card before he scored an own goal.
I went for Allan as my MoM, I thought he was outstanding.
Was it a penalty for Richie? The referee thought so at first and I definitely thought so but it wasn't given. But putting that to one side, why did he blow for a penalty so quickly if he wasn't certain, why not let Richie carry on as he had the ball? And having reversed the penalty decision that he originally made, why did he give the ball to Spurs? Typical PL referee performance that we have come to know and loathe. There are no decent ones I'm afraid.

It was a very tight even game. You need the ref to do his job and he didn't. Its a stonewall penalty. Why is the VAR getting involved? We need answers because its unacceptable.

Richarlison just doesn't get pens because some in the media accused him of going down. We need to call out the refereeing because its nowhere near good enough and there is no consistency.
David Moyes had the right approach. He never openly accused anybody of bias, he always used the comment, 'I hope it's not just because it's Everton Football Club that this has/hasn't been given'. He got the message across without actually calling them a corrupt gang of gits, even though that is what he was actually calling them.
We need to highlight these instances in after-match pressers while it is still of significance. Subtle, but succinct.

David Moyes had the right approach. He never openly accused anybody of bias, he always used the comment, 'I hope it's not just because it's Everton Football Club that this has/hasn't been given'. He got the message across without actually calling them a corrupt gang of gits, even though that is what he was actually calling them.
We need to highlight these instances in after-match pressers while it is still of significance. Subtle, but succinct.
Speaking of Moyes, his West Ham side are 3rd in the league after beating the kopites, ironically Zouma with the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.