Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it got mentioned they turned up again with a load of blag tickets, loads got in on them and it caused chaos.

We had to shut the turnstiles to sort it out - reckon some genuine ticket holders never got in - still loads outside when it kicked off.

Not seen a peep of that in the media like…not that I’m surprised.

Very proud of the boys today - went toe to toe with them and a biased corrupt ref and didn’t bottle it - haven’t been disappointed with a draw against them for beards.

UTFT!
It did on my feed, but not in the way you mean, more in a...such is the attraction of this fixture they're still queuing to get in...way

I have just viewed the game...I thought it was the most enthralling 0-0 I have long-time watched. We have a good team, a very good team
Yes we  do did yesterday, but over the last few seasons we've had the odd game, a feel good sterling performance, that passed, at first look, for a bit of a green shoots recovery contender...Ferguson Vs Chelsea??
But -
You're not as good as your Last game you're only as good as your  Next game*

*any of you vaulting queens (nods to ABBA) feel free to check that I've not said the same 2 or 3 times before.

Yes it was great - Now back it up
A win or two will help.

I hold my hands up to my saying that we will struggle with having Iwobi in our team. That we will win nothing with this guy. I was wrong . I was wrong big time…Where did that player come from.
But notice yesterday, no Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Gomes. Think that I was right about those guys., We are better without them. We now are looking a proper team. Wins will start coming very soon.
Pickford playing majestic . Our defence now more solid. Patterson will be a top top player for us. And we ( at long last ) have a midfield. Have been saying for years , to anyone who would listen , that we need a midfield. Looks now as if the midfield has landed . Full kudus to Lampard for that.
Now if only we can score more goals. I think that we will soon. A returning DCL must be relishing playing in this team. Surely he will get service from all over the park. He will bury a few soon. And Maupay will also score.
Jeez ……this is great. I now think that we have a team. And just a wee mention for Tom Davies. The guys been playing well in recent weeks. He hasn’t let anyone down. No player has. Strange to feel like this , considering we have not won a match as yet. But this is looking good. This is looking like a proper team. That first win and more are coming. We will be ok this season.

Just a few last comments. VAR is a nonsense. We all know that. And we all also know that Saint Virgil should have been sent off. But that foul won’t even be looked at. It’s over. Just hope that the next time that an Everton player is sent off for the slietest little touch , that Lampard remembers to mention the Saint Virgil hack.
Anyhow…….onwards and upwards. I’m feeling good that we will soon be climbing the league. No more bottom three scraping around.
And please god no injuries to any key players in this team. No injuries to anyone. Up the Toffees…...Our soon to win , and keep on winning Toffees.

Re the blag tickets - didn't someone post a link that the away tickets were still available in the week running up to the game - which was unusual. They joked that we may get the upper Bullens like when we play Bournemouth etc.
It's clearly an organised attack - and given their history a despicable one.
That said - when the clip showed about 150 at the away turnstile outside the ground after kick off - it should have been apparent that fakes tickets were being used. Why not get the stewards to check at half time. Plod should be all over this.
We should also have the turnstiles manned and check every ticket whenever we play them at Goodison.
Dishonourable rats. The amount of times this happens with that shower and yet it is never their fault.

Re the blag tickets - didn't someone post a link that the away tickets were still available in the week running up to the game - which was unusual. They joked that we may get the upper Bullens like when we play Bournemouth etc.
It's clearly an organised attack - and given their history a despicable one.
That said - when the clip showed about 150 at the away turnstile outside the ground after kick off - it should have been apparent that fakes tickets were being used. Why not get the stewards to check at half time. Plod should be all over this.
We should also have the turnstiles manned and check every ticket whenever we play them at Goodison.
Dishonourable rats. The amount of times this happens with that shower and yet it is never their fault.
They dont care they get away with it, they love nothing better than attacking their own fans knowing if the innocent complain they will get hounded out.

What an absolute crock from Peter Walton about the Van [Poor language removed] challenge. "he slid down his shin and the force was on his foot" WTAF.
Been missing since early(ish) yesterday morning and only just catching up, so apologies for the late post.

Walton was always a twot of the highest order, and from that comment, he obviously still is. Pity Moyes didn't throttle him all those years ago.

So, using the interpretation from Walton, should one of our players do a head high tackle and slide down the opponents face but the force of his foot was on the ground after the incident, then it is not even a foul.
Over to you Tarks, or anybody else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.