Everton v Spurs (9th Sept 3.00 KO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Koeman opts to go with the fantastic 3 slow poke lineup, it will be an outrageously boring affair. I'm most curious to see how the Rooney situation is handled.

Was full sure this would be the live sky game over here, but no, arsenal Bournemouth is a better option apparently, koff sky.

Ten nil to Everton.

COYB

Not sure I'd start Calvert-Lewin, think he could potentially have a good impact from the bench with half an hour to go. Be difficult for him early on against a good defence with us likely seeing little of the ball.

Spurs are a good side but we can definitely get something tomorrow and I'll be disappointed if we don't.

Ademola and Vlasic and Sandro and Siggy. Scare the pants of them.

We'll win tomorrow.

I think we will win, interesting thing is 3 of those, not Siggy, i didnt have in my starting 11, just shows that we have a good squad with options, even if we didnt get a marquee striker in the summer

So.... this is the first real test where if we think we are contenders then we should win. Spurs strength is through the middle and they will play Kane as a lone striker so I cant see the point in 3 slow CBS here. No doubt about starting the 2 DMs against Ericsson and Dele Alli. The weak link is Trippiers defending so we would need someone on the right side of the mid with speed and skill (Vlassic?). So I would stick to 4-2-3-1 with Rooney alone up front first half and DCL as they tire a bit in the second, they have 2 good CBS.
----Pickford----
Holgate--Keane--Jags--Baines
---Schneiderlin--Gana---
Sandro--Davies--Sigurdsson
----Rooney----

With DCL to come on for Rooney on the hour and Vlassic on for Sandro just after. Klaasen on for Davies late in the game.
End result they are stifled through the middle and we sneak a goal at the end of each half.
Wel...... that's how the dream went anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.