Match Thread Everton v Spurs. 3rd Jan at 1600.

How do we make Everton boss?

• Sort the goalkeeper out

Votes: 183 41.4%
  • Get Jagielka in and the defence sorted

Votes: 83 18.8%
  • Change the Manager

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Show some patience with the young team

Votes: 56 12.7%
  • I just watch the games and can't be arsed with all this

Votes: 35 7.9%
  • I'm a Chinese spam robot you ted

Votes: 43 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of post match thoughts

1. Kone is NOT and never will be a winger - if he is a NO 9 then Brown shoes needs to play him as a central striker otherwise we are hobbling the team, it,s balance and destroying the lad by asking to play out the wing.
2. Besic was a revelation.
3. Why did it take Bobby 55 mins to work out he needed to go 5 in the middle?
4. Ross needs to play further forward.
5 Stones is a Rolls Royce of a player but save the 6 yard box stuff for when we are 4-0 up not 1-1 with 20 mins to go.
6. Bobby get the left hand side of the pitch sorted out and get a new GK.

1. Agree, but I do think it works against teams that we should be looking to have the majority of the game against. It doesn't work on the counter though, as Kone doesn't track back and it leaves us exposed.
2. Yep a class act. Added solidity and most importantly a bit of pace over 10 yards in midfield. Has to start against City.
3. Hmm, think it may always have been the plan, tbh.
4. Agree. He's much more dangerous playing as a 10.
5. I don't mind it, he never looked like he was gonna lose control. The crowd were the ones getting anxious, not the player.
6. Cleverley looked a lot better out wide left for me, but still could do with another player for that slot.

[QUOTE=", (which means when Mrs Degsy isn't watching all her rubbish ) go back and watch the replay .[/QUOTE]

I know, isn't it annoying? My missus has a telly in the other room but still watches the one where I've got the Everton
stuff on IQ.

I am a 60 year old Scotsman and have been following Everton from afar for a good number of years now, I believe that this team with Jagielka back and a "safe" goalkeeper are on the right road for a top 4 finish.
One thing you cannot say is the football is dull, it is absolutely breathtaking at times but on too many occasions the defence has let us down, If Martinez can get this right and hold on to Stones, Barclay etc I forsee a good 2nd half of season and a brilliant season next time around.

Get off Stones' back, he was awful against Stoke but both him and Funes Mori had a good game yesterday. At least save your criticism for when he actually does something that hurts our point return from the game, not just our nerves, he didn't lose the ball ffs

It was more business like in the 2nd half and a creditable result against a very good team. For me I think if we had started that game with the lineup that finished it we may well have won. Wake up Roberto.

Stones is clearly out of his depth. Fancy dribbling in your own area!! Any chance we could have him back? I think we might even return the £2.50 you paid for him...

FWIW I thought the way we played differently in the first and second was planned -- not the product of some half time team talk whipping the boys into shape or the subs changing the game (any-more than planned) -- I thought we wanted to soak up pressure in the first then have at them in the second.

Didn't work out exactly as planned but I liked the idea. I may have just made this all up though. Insert "this isn't FM/FIFA mate" as needed.

I am was really annoyed with the stoke game, as I am sure so was many others! I recorded the spurs game and watched it later knowing the final result already. When I saw the result at 1-1 I was frustrated but after watching the game I was quite pleased. Our attack was great to watch and then defense was considerably improved. Besic was brilliant as well not only on defense but some of his balls forward were spot on!

Pretty excited about the cup game against Man City, and even more excited to see what happens with Jags back!

Does anybody else feel that Seamus has lost his mojo and is been caught out of position?

Yup - at moments. A concern as I think injury as blunted both Coleman and Baines slightly.... Both still top quality, and hopefully will benefit from sensible rotation and this new Dr (who?) bloke Martinez is keen on introducing.

FWIW I thought the way we played differently in the first and second was planned -- not the product of some half time team talk whipping the boys into shape or the subs changing the game (any-more than planned) -- I thought we wanted to soak up pressure in the first then have at them in the second.

Didn't work out exactly as planned but I liked the idea. I may have just made this all up though. Insert "this isn't FM/FIFA mate" as needed.

Haha - yeah hopefully you're right mate. And fair play if he saw the bar and post saving us 1st half whilst we 'effectively soaked up pressure', too : ) So in Martinez I do not obviously 100% trust, but I agree and thought the display and subs showed the most identifiable game plan I've seen in at least a month.

As ever with RM let's see what pops up next. Haven't heard much gossip on signings...?

Status
Not open for further replies.