Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Andros Townsend but it kind of blows me away we’d play him over James. Townsend might work harder than James or cover more of the pitch, but James will get a goal or assist once every other game.

There’s no one creating goals in this team, we’re going to struggle for goals this season.
James is not available. But it's been poor I'm not normally negative but Holgate and Keane belong in the Championship

We are better with him in the team
I agree - but we need to do better than that. It's not hard to be better than Keane and Holgate, both of whom are useless for one reason or another. I'd have Yerri every day given our current squad, but, then again, Glen Keeley could compete for a place in this starting line up. We need a proper reboot at the back.

Mina is not the solution. He's definitely the best of our central defenders, but he's a "personality" player rather than the top class stopper we need. I'd like to see less of the silly dancing nonsense and more quality defending from Yerri. I watched him in a recent international and he did a great Colossus of Rhodes impression as an attacker simply danced around him to net.

Everton need to start signing good players, not "personalities" who failed at a low-ebb Barcelona.

This is the biggest load of absolute bumhole I’ve ever read on here.

Same old story really - our opponents working harder and doing the basics better.

Don't think that was the case until we went a goal down.

We won second balls, put tackles in, got forward well. I think their fullbacks have stopped our wingers though.

Goal went in and heads have gone.

Farhad has ruined our club. Couple injuries away from being in serious series trouble. But we still persist with the same clowns in the board room.

Status
Not open for further replies.