Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse than the spurs game this. Can’t play this formation with them jarg heads in centre mid. I actually don’t know what our plan was today. Everyone knows southampton press in the centre and we start the standard tools in there who walk about. Lucky to be not 2-3 down.

Formation means nothing when the players just aren't bothered mate unfortunately. Add that to their lack of intelligence and ability.

The goal apart that was terrible.

However I'm not too bothered as the season was dead months ago.

What this game has demonstrated , yet again , to Brands and Moshiri that Gomes , Davies Sigurdsson and Iwobi are absolute cack and must be replaced.

The only worry that I've got is that Digne , Richarlison and Holgate CBA waiting around for the rebuild.

We have conceded some pretty unlucky goals to be fair, The Leicester one, The Spurs deflection and now a scuffed shot that turns into a silky pass. Pretty unlucky tbf.

Lee Mason

tenor.gif

Kevin Campbell looking good in his suit at half time pundit with Martinez! More interesting listening to him then the play in the 1st half!

Ref is a joker. They should’ve had two second yellows already, and that was surely a pen on Gordon?

How was the Gomes pen given as well? Nothing in that at all.

Ref aside, they’ve outplayed us here big time. At least we’re level.

Bad performance and surely cannot be worse 2nd half. Soton deserve to be ahead but in my book they shouldn't have been given a penalty. The player basically jumped into Gomes. Our midfield is absolutely pants and to need to have to keep playing Davies is testament to the midfield shiteness. Gordon is a positive and getting better each game but is still far from being reliable. Apart from Richarlison, maybe Digne also......we look abject and devoid of guile or class.

Never seen so many moan that say we have nothing to play for lol, a win and try for every game is the least we should attempt, not say games dont matter now as we are playing for nothing etc

Bit worried about Gomes tbf, loads of rumours he suffered mental issues at Barca, and he just conceded a non penalty and didn’t even bother protesting , and he’s just jibbed it on 40 mins.

Not great
He obviously needs time out of the team. Looks like he's struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.