Everton v Southampton. 29th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start quickly - much like the general tactic of steady build from the back we seem to start slowly and gradually try to increase pressure as the first half progresses. All well and good but at 20 mins and 0-0 the doubt starts in a fan base still scarred by 20+ years of crap and/or less than expansive teams.

Throw in a calamity like last week and nothing to hold on to - score early and settle into the drawing opponents out before finding the gap. Can't do this if opponents won't be drawn out as they are content with a point.

I try not to give any football related opinions on this forum mate, I could offer up some in depth analysis but then where does it end? My real identity might also be revealed if I gave my opinion, and I just can't risk that.

Haha, so you are like the forum joker who lurks around the ale house?

i can't see past 37-0 to Southampton I'm afraid. Their pressing of Jags and Distin will be too much. Hope I'm wrong though.

Should maybe think about Jelavic starting ahead of Lukaku tomorrow. Something i'd seriously consider if I was in charge of the lineup. Everyone has been playing with confidence this season - and there's no reason to doubt that this extends to Jelavic if he gets a chance and we all know what he's like when he's confident. I can understand the logic of Lukaku drawing away defenders and having an impact even though he's not directly influencing play - but he's been a bit grimm for me in the last few games. Start Jelavic, Lukaku on bench to show him he's not immune to change.

Last edited:

There are no excuses for Boxing Day it was just another game ruining rule from FIFA that the referee had to enforce after Osman’s muck up. Still saying that we did take the game to Southampton despite the personnel deficit

Err, we played Sunderland on Boxing Day mate.

Decent preview. S'land one was better, but we saw how that ended so I'm taking this an omen of good tidings.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.