Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ach well, three points was the main objective and a classic banana-skin avoided. DCL was fantastic again and no real service. Allan needed the game clearly. Richarlison now beginning to show his true class and an excellent finish for the goal. Gets kicked to hell, but has made his own problem with refs by constant falling over.

Now let's go and finish the job this week at the home of the fat one.

Thats the key point, potential banana skin. A lot of people expected us to ‘Everton that’ this game. In the end we played ok, came through with a clean sheet and 3 points, it’s a big result and another sign of progress. These home performances will improve with confidence.

I don't have much to say about the game - just happy with the result - but I don't get all the whinging about the commentators here.

Has-been-huttl has built a highly efficient losing machine out of Southampton, it hardly matters how poor the opposition play or even whether they deserve it, this Saints team can even grab defeat from the jaws of victory if necessary. Their own club's record for consecutive defeats in the top tier is now being broken every single match, this machine is unstoppable

It's crucial saints sign Has-been-huttl up for the long term. Just whisper it for now but is it absolutely impossible that the remarkable man could be shaking hands with Mr. Relegation come the end of the season???

It would be lovely if The team could muster up a good run and give us a break from the highs of one week to the shame of the other. Ok, we won last night but it was proper poor on the whole.

Good to get the win, but Saints were really poor. Can see them getting into trouble. We should have picked up another goal from a set piece, as they just seemed play a high line and hope for the best.
DCL mom for me. Not sure what happened to Sig and Gomes in second half, knackered maybe

It would be lovely if The team could muster up a good run and give us a break from the highs of one week to the shame of the other. Ok, we won last night but it was proper poor on the whole.

Last night was 'ok'. Not as bad as some are making out at all. Could have been 3/4-0 on another night. People are deluded if they think we are going to have 90mins of one way traffic in our favour.

We played that game largely in first gear. I’d have liked to have seen us push for the second to kill the game off after the break, but we were very comfortable. If Pickford doesn’t make that save at the death we’re fuming today though, but he did and so we take the points and move on to what I think will be a tougher encounter on Thursday.

The result was the important thing. We're coming into that phase of the season now where we just need to get over the line in games. Hopefully it will bring about an upturn in our home form. If it does, the signs are good.

We played that game largely in first gear. I’d have liked to have seen us push for the second to kill the game off after the break, but we were very comfortable. If Pickford doesn’t make that save at the death we’re fuming today though, but he did and so we take the points and move on to what I think will be a tougher encounter on Thursday.
Strangely I'm much more comfortable about Thursday's game. Probably because it's away from home where we seem to have a much stronger mentality for some reason.

Not only was it our first win at home since December and our first clean sheet since the Chelsea game (at home) but it was our first win in 4 on a Monday night. Record breaking week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.