Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and think that Carlo has worked out that you can't play Siggy and James in the same team. When we played them last time both played and we were missing Richy as well, think I remember Iwobi being awful and being subbed at half time for Gordon. May also have been Godfrey's first or second game and he played at right back and looked a little lost. Its fair to say that he settled in well since then........

Despite the recent home form we should be winning this. Looks like Romeu was injured last night and he will be a miss for them in midfield.

Ok, fully fit squad practically.
A nice long break.
Approach every game like we did against the enemy, be hard to beat and stay solid at the back, JR, DCL and Richy to provide the attacking threat, backed up by Dacoure, Allan and dare I say it, Tom Davies who has earned his place on merit.
If Mina is still out, the back 4 picks itself with Godfrey and Keane in the middle.

Should we stick with 532? I like the look of this team, but it's harsh on Davies. And perhaps too defensive at home against Saints.

------------Pickford-----------
---Holgate Keane Godfrey---
Coleman----------------Digne
---Doucoure James Allan----
-------DCL---Richarlison-----

Should we stick with 532? I like the look of this team, but it's harsh on Davies. And perhaps too defensive at home against Saints.

I'd say we shouldn't but if we do I'd drop Doucoure for Davies at the minutes.

Allan will not play the full game. He can come on for the last 30 mins for Davies perhaps

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Digne
Davies
Doucoure Allan
Rodriguez
Richarlison​
I'd go with Gomes instead of Allan as I don't think Carlo will play him right from the start coming back from a long injury. He might play the last 20 minutes or so I guess.

I'm old enough to remember winning Derby games and not being bothered about it as we were looking at the bigger picture, that's what we need to get back to.
When was this? The first derby win I remember was 1978, I think. Andy King scored the only goal. I remember us winning a few derbies in the 70s and 80s. Never, ever remember not being bothered about it. Very much the opposite.

Saints?

At home?

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.