Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to buy players with a winning mentality , last summers players we signed looked good signings, but if you look Godfrey, Doucoure had just been relegated, James has been out of the Madrid side so he was in a rut, Allan (I don’t follow Italiann league so I have know idea) then in January we signed King he got relegated and was in a rut at Bournemouth there’s plenty of others. We need to sign fringe players from the big boys that have been involved with the successful teams but aren’t getting the playing time they want. Then hopefully that winning mentality would rub off on the other players, who personally look like they are just going through the motions each game.
Like Delph ?

Pickford has been good for a while now. He bailed out the defence a couple of times tonight and was always in their ear. The only eligible candidate for man of the match, imo.
Yeah he has been good and no blame today on him. The other 10 players though.

Wouldn't mind a player like him right now though.
Spot on.

Decent defender, pretty good on the ball. Could score. Most of all, cared. That was the stamp of the Moyes era. And it's disappeared.

Guys that cared, who could more than play a bit, too. Even outside hte Carsley's, Gravesen, Cahill, Jags, Baines, Seamus, ' character ' stuff I've flagged before, there lads like Lescott, Yobo, Yak, Arteta, Pienaar (whom I remember bossing Chelsea in 2-0 at GP), Ross B (OK, let himself down a bit at the end). Talent, good to watch, mostly team players.

Desperate to see it gone. And it really has gone. This team has no benchmark to know what 'fight' is, and Coleman can't change that on his own. If the money dries up we're in trouble, albeit I haven;t watched the U23s or other younger teams to know what's coming through - but that's where we should be loking to build character again.

Tonight we only had Allan, Doucoure and James with any intention of trying to move forward. That is not enough. The other players only moved forward if a player was not within 10-15 yards otherwise they just play the safe option. Ritchie and DCL didn't help out that much

Spot on.

Decent defender, pretty good on the ball. Could score. Most of all, cared. That was the stamp of the Moyes era. And it's disappeared.

Guys that cared, who could more than play a bit, too. Even outside hte Carsley's, Gravesen, Cahill, Jags, Baines, Seamus, ' character ' stuff I've flagged before, there lads like Lescott, Yobo, Yak, Arteta, Pienaar (whom I remember bossing Chelsea in 2-0 at GP), Ross B (OK, let himself down a bit at the end). Talent, good to watch, mostly team players.

Desperate to see it gone. And it really has gone. This team has no benchmark to know what 'fight' is, and Coleman can't change that on his own. If the money dries up we're in trouble, albeit I haven;t watched the U23s or other younger teams to know what's coming through - but that's where we should be loking to build character again.

Even in our darkest days in the 90's when we were staying up on the last day I felt that the players cared and they were just not very good. We at least fought.

I feel hardly any of that in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.