Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We should try passing from side to side a bit more
[lollol
Champions of tippy tappy football in slow motion equals 3 shots on target ......
I reiterate who ever we play at CF he will struggle but let's take it out on DCL ......
We need a 443 formation snider and sig benched.....
We have to get pace in Iwobi and Davies on Kean and DCL will have the pace to get through balls ...
Silva will go on that showing.....

Too ill to listen to the game and could not go for same reason. Was it that bad? The Everton "haters"and the Pickford haters are out of their box. Anything good to say by anyone?
I'm afraid it was that bad mate, yes.
Twelve corners we won and not one, seriously, not one caused the Sheffield defence any real concern.
They scored from their first thanks to a combination of poorly coached/employed zonal marking, Pickford missing his punch and Mina unable to adjust in time.
The second was a great through ball and a nice finish through Pickfords' legs.
We were, quite frankly, dire. So much possession and so, so little of anything noteworthy done with it.

Not really though, apart from player quality what’s the real difference? Many counter attacking teams have stuck to that formula of big target man plus quick forward to run in behind, at least it’s a coherent plan which is nothing like what Silva is showing right now
Counter attacking and bunkering aren't the same. Two shots in 90 minutes is not the same as what France did to win the World Cup. What Villa did to us was counter attacking for example. Today was not. They were doing everything to not concede.

A proper sorry state of affairs, that.

We are hopeless at the moment. Getting beat at home 2-0 by Sheffield United is unforgivable.

I am once again, falling out of love with Everton. Rather than my usual post match seethe, I am just becoming numb to this. I actually started laughing at intervals of play in the last 10 minutes.

I am by no means a "Silva Out" advocate, as I still think he will steer us back on track but he has a monumental job ahead.
Silva !!!! The players have no respect for this guy1 What has he done as a player? What has he done and where has he been as a manager? Its a definite IN ONE EAR OUT THE OTHER !!!!! Bet he,s a joke every day they leave the training ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.