Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to protect the big 5 (Richarlison, James, Allan, Doucoure, Digne). There should be enough in the squad to beat these with Walcott Iwobi Bernard Kean Gordon. Good opportunity for Kean to get a run upfront. Maybe even Simms off the bench. Is Tosun fit? Bolasie May get minutes too.

If we cant beat a league 2 side at home with a front 3 of Walcott, Kean & Bernard and a midfield 3 of any of Gordon, Delph, Davies, Glyfi then we dont deserve to be in the thing.

Our squad players are rubbish but they are still a cut above Salford

I would like to see Allan, James and Doucoure all start, even if they don't play the full 90, I think it's important fo them to develop that in game experience together. Other than them I think we can rotate in the other positions, but have a strong bench, in case there a tree issues

Pickford
JJK Branthwaite Gibson Nkounkou
Davies Delph
Walcott Siggy Gordon
Kean​

Is Delph fit? He wasn’t on the bench today, but this is the type of game that we need him for.

I don’t think we should be too complacent because we need to be looking at actually winning this trophy, and it wasn’t so long ago that a group of kids knocked us out of the FA Cup.

I’d go with the above if Delph is fit but I’d have Keane playing instead of Gibson, he’s been solid of late and would add some experience to that back 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.