Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon and Nkounkou. Think Nkounkou could be a left wing back too. Very fast and powerful. Gordon very quick great left foot
Siggy thought he did well. At least made a step up but will be a squad player if we don't get rid
Bernard played ok but should be doing a lot more. Another we could sell
Tom. Played ok but still gives the ball away a lot
Kenny ok but didn't have the speed when he is attacking
Kean poor ball control, got bullied too easily in the first half but was ok second half. Not convinced by him. I'd be going for an experienced front man if he goes
Walcott didn't really do much but his pace is still there and think Carlo may keep him
Hope branthwaite is ok. Looks a player

Last edited:

I voted Nkounkou, who had a practically flawless game, but I also thought that Gylfi Sigurdsson had a good game (though you wouldn't think so given all the snide comments on here) with 1 goal and 1 assist plus hitting the post and putting in a peach of a cross for Moise Kean to head onto the bar. Michael Keane was excellent, Tom Davies and Anthony Gordon played well. Bernard could have had a couple of goals and, although he did have a nightmare of a game, Moise Kean at least had the cojones at the end and insist on taking the penalty.

I'm curious about the "inappropriate shouts" the commentator kept apologising for. Was it Carlo or Duncan perhaps, giving the boys some encouragement? lollollol

Gordon and Nkounkou. Think Nkounkou could be a left wing back too. Very fast and powerful. Gordon very quick great left foot
Siggy thought he did well. At least made a step up but will be a squad player if we don't get rid
Bernard played ok but should be doing a lot more. Another we could sell
Tom. Player ok but still gives the ball away a lot
Kenny ok but didn't have the speed when he is attacking
Kean poor ball control, got bullied too easily in the first half but was ok second half. Not convinced by him. I'd be going for an experienced front man if he goes
Walcott didn't really do much but is pace is still there and think Carlo may keep him
Hope branthwaite is ok. Looks a player
they were magnificent on that left had side TBH it was a hard choice but Gordon could have had a Hat-trick .....

Status
Not open for further replies.