Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4uw.gif

No, but fans rightly expected more than a ground out 1-0 win at home to 10 man Burnley as the only win in the last 15 matches.

Positive thinking from the fans won't win the games. That's what the players and manager are paid millions for.

Forest are poor, but they have a goal threat and can win games. We don't. My concern is the 4 game winning streak we went on before December made everyone think we'd be ok and we have looked nowhere near that level since.
I think we are violently agreeing.

My only different viewpoint is I think the fans can make the difference at home games. We all know we are rubbish but we were in 94/98/22/23 as well and it did not stop Evertonians getting behind the team when it really mattered.

We need to win and I don’t care on how we do it or the aesthetics of the display…that investigation can wait until we are safe.

I think we are violently agreeing.

My only different viewpoint is I think the fans can make the difference at home games. We all know we are rubbish but we were in 94/98/22/23 as well and it did not stop Evertonians getting behind the team when it really mattered.

We need to win and I don’t care on how we do it or the aesthetics of the display…that investigation can wait until we are safe.
This argument has been why we've gotten 1 purely accidental win since December - not even about aesthetics, we don't look like we're capable of a win at all.

I was told by nearly everyone on here that Lampard was poor so he needed the fans to do his job for him, then Dyche needed it, now Dyche needs it again, yet one was horrid and the other is still here with excuses being made for him.

We can’t win because we are a poor side/squad and Dyche is not the messiah.
Don’t underestimate the impact 2 points deductions has on morale as well…10 points off for 3 months as well.

We are a basket case on and off the pitch and still our destiny is in our own hands but some Evertonians continue to promote the “brilliance” of Luton and Forest who are equally as bad.

Given there are 6 games left with 4 at home we need to find a way to win and that won’t be easy but it will need fans to get behind the team… the recriminations can wait imho.