Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, if we can stop Forest scoring then we get nil nil draw. Afterwards Frank can talk up his useless front line with more excuses like we might have got a goal if.......

Not sure where to post this - anyone know how the new transfer to friends and family feature works on the resale platform? I've just logged in and it says I have no tickets to resell even though my season ticket is on the account...

Trying to work out which part your amazed at.

My age or my score prediction?

Ok. 0-0 then.
Nothing to do with your age @Jamo Martinez young fella, it's what Everton have done to you. I still predict a, narrow and nervy, win though.

Many of our more, ahem, senior posters such as myself will remember all too well of how Forest have done us over on a consistent basis for way too long now. Time to put a stop to all that nonsense, Too wearisome.
Long before Clough and Taylor, back in the days before a No2 was even heard of and the world was still in black and white,, they regularly did us. Joe Baker started the rot. Then it was Ian Storey-Moore, Then anyone else who played for them actually.

Two players notably who used to terrorise our defence, and nobody else's, were wingers named Richard le Flem and Chris Crowe. Mind you, with names like theirs it was little wonder they were our 'bogey team'.

So come Saturday, I say, "sod 'em", and gain revenge for decades of misery and smash these lumberjacks.

I'd start Vinegar for this. If we have so little up top, the least we can do is play our most attacking players elsewhere. Four at the back too. Liverpool play four at the back and still manage to have their full backs attacking constantly, so why can't we?

Pickford
Patterson-Coady-Tarkowski-Vinegar
Allan-Onana-Iwobi
Gordon-Rondon-McNeil​

I'd start Vinegar for this. If we have so little up top, the least we can do is play our most attacking players elsewhere. Four at the back too. Liverpool play four at the back and still manage to have their full backs attacking constantly, so why can't we?

Pickford
Patterson-Coady-Tarkowski-Vinegar
Allan-Onana-Iwobi
Gordon-Rondon-McNeil​
Just think scoring is not going to be easy with the options up front and 4 at the back means we are more likely to concede. Pretty sure we will go with 5 and try to keep a clean sheet and maybe nick something from a set piece

Not sure where to post this - anyone know how the new transfer to friends and family feature works on the resale platform? I've just logged in and it says I have no tickets to resell even though my season ticket is on the account...
On the email I got yesterday it said call ticket office or fill out a form .. dont think the option to transfer is there on the web site until September but I maybe wrong

Ticketing on the site has been a mess for a few years now though.

Do the flares (sorry, smoke cans) come out this weekend.
Feels like backs are up against the wall again...the state of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.