Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez
We are playing some players that played too many games because we have the others not available. The reaction on the pitch, the way they play, is the best thing to see for a manager & I think the fans will appreciate that

Benitez on Everton equalling a 32-year record of winning first three home league games
I like to win, whether it's a record or not. It was a long time ago & I'm happy for that because it means we are doing something right

Benitez on Andros Townsend
I was surprised such a good player & professional was available in the transfer window... He was very keen to come here. He had some offers but decided to come here. He's the kind of player the fans were expecting in his position

Benitez on Lewis Dobbin
Dobbin is someone, when he was training with us who showed the desire & commitment. These players have to be seen. He's someone that you notice he's there when he's training with you
What did he say about Rondon?

Didn't watch the game but sounds like we weren't too convincing today. Most important thing is the 3pts. United next. Villa got a good win there so we can if we can if we get DCL back. UTFT

Well it was nice to get back to winning ways and to have kept a clean sheet, hopefully the knock Jordan Pickford picked up will turn out to be nothing serious. In these types of games it can be hard for a team to lift themselves and and get the energy running through their play, but we did enough to get all the points without seemingly having to step up a gear.

Giving my MotM to Salomón Rondón for the positive and energetic way he lead our frontline. Nah, I gave it to Andros Townsend who I thought put in a top performance supporting our attack and tracking back to help out the defence. Also, the way he kept his focus to score the penalty after Krul tried to get in head was brilliant.

Ugly win - happy with that considering the injuries.

Doucoure motm today - all over the pitch, box to box, class.

Gray and Townsend good as well.

Godfrey looks like he's still suffering from the effects of covid to me, but solid enough out of position.

Rondon looked Sunday league again, but did win some good headers and nice flick ons. Don't know how he wasnt subbed.

Hopefully will get better as he gets fitter.

Get a few more of the injuries back and go at Utd without any fear - they ain't all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.