Match Thread Everton v Norwich 15th May KO 15:00

Should Roberto Martinez remain as manager of Everton?

• Yes

Votes: 35 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 102 37.6%
  • Bring davek home

Votes: 134 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell looks boss, always wanting to be involved and be positive, and that run from Kenny for the 3rd - Take note Seamus. Davies was impressive and the future looks bright as long as the next manager isn't too proud to look beyond "his" players.

COYB

I think there has been this surge of joy going through the club since Martinez has gone and that was reflected in that performance.I was delighted to see Mirralas score.Kev was screwed over by Martinez and i think if given a fair chance by the new manager he will prove his worth.I was really thrilled as well with the performances of young Kieran Dowell Tom Davies and JonJoe Kenny.They just went out there and played with that bit of cockiness and swagger.Well done to the three of them.We needed a win like that today to lift the clouds that were over Goodison.I think the season could have been saved if Martinez was binned after the derby but we have to look forwards.Thankfully we ended this dismal season on a positive note.Unsy Joe Royle et all take a bow.The future is bright the future is Blue and White.COYB!

Absolutly Loved that game yesterday, the lads looked how we been feeling since thursday. free at last! baines and mirrales looked like totally different players, there mental shackles have been removed, lukaku getting more chances in 90mins then he would in about 5/6 games under bobby, seeing those lads brought through our wonderful youth setup bring a breathe of fresh air to the game, and then seeing mcarthy and unsworth grappling like little kids once he came off with the biggest smiles possible on there faces nearly brought a tear to my eyes. oh and a lovely fairwell to howard at the end (all the best and thanks for the service big man) to finish that season with a smile on my face i could of never thought was possible. just please bring the right man in now and get us back in the game!

Absolutly Loved that game yesterday, the lads looked how we been feeling since thursday. free at last! baines and mirrales looked like totally different players, there mental shackles have been removed, lukaku getting more chances in 90mins then he would in about 5/6 games under bobby, seeing those lads brought through our wonderful youth setup bring a breathe of fresh air to the game, and then seeing mcarthy and unsworth grappling like little kids once he came off with the biggest smiles possible on there faces nearly brought a tear to my eyes. oh and a lovely fairwell to howard at the end (all the best and thanks for the service big man) to finish that season with a smile on my face i could of never thought was possible. just please bring the right man in now and get us back in the game!

+10. Couldn't agree more!

Felt good being in the boozer and not thinking, everyone here is either fuming with Martinez, or fuming with those fuming that want martinez out.

Good to see Dowell and Davies start!

The very fact that the manager was no longer there was enough to lighten the atmosphere. A 3-0 win against an already relegated side also helped but overall I think everyone went home with renewed optimism (apart from @davek). An interesting break now and surely much happier times ahead next season. Upward and onward. COYB.

A 3-0 win against an already relegated side also helped but overall I think everyone went home with renewed optimism.

That's another thing I meant to bring up and you're quite right about the optimism, although it is not universal.

For the minority who think that Norwich's already confirmed relegation detracts from yesterday's win - I implore them to look at what Newcastle did to Spurs in the prison showers on the field. It was impossible to tell the relegated team from the third placed.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a fair reflection of the changes made by RM's dismissal and Norwich played their part.

Hope we don't see anymore of the wanting Moyes back banners.
The what? I missed those. Good God, he'd be the wrong man.

That's another thing I meant to bring up and you're quite right about the optimism, although it is not universal.

For the minority who think that Norwich's already confirmed relegation detracts from yesterday's win - I implore them to look at what Newcastle did to Spurs in the prison showers on the field. It was impossible to tell the relegated team from the third placed.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a fair reflection of the changes made by RM's dismissal and Norwich played their part.
Yeah, if anything, relegated teams play with less pressure and can be tough games.
The very fact that the manager was no longer there was enough to lighten the atmosphere. A 3-0 win against an already relegated side also helped but overall I think everyone went home with renewed optimism (apart from @davek). An interesting break now and surely much happier times ahead next season. Upward and onward. COYB.
His absence was noticible in the lighter mood in general.

T, Really enjoyed the match, thought the atmosphere was almost breatheable again! Have to say I have never seen a player rejuvenated the way Mirrallas was, and what about that fist pump by Baines when he had scored? I am sure that was an 'up you Roberto' moment :)

I think it proved that a lot of those players will be up for it next season, even Stonesey was walloping them upfield at times! It isnt a new dawn, we do have to curb the optimism a little bit, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, so to quote (badky) Mr Churchill, this is not the End, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning! :) .COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.