Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Also, they do a free 30 day trail if you don’t have it. Watch the game and then bin it if you don’t need it
Perfect time to do so as you get Prime delivery thrown in, too.

(Just checking, you’re not getting paid for this blatant and unreasonably positive promotion of Amazon Prime we’re both engaged in either, right?)

These aren't blessed with loads of talent what they do consistently is fight and work very hard, we have to match that at least and then take our chances.

Hate to say it but these are a very good side and we will need a very good performance to have a chance of winning this.

Lets hope Pickford focuses on the game and not the away end abuse.

1-1 draw for me

These aren't blessed with loads of talent what they do consistently is fight and work very hard, we have to match that at least and then take our chances.

Hate to say it but these are a very good side and we will need a very good performance to have a chance of winning this.

1-1 draw for me
We should kick towards the Gwladys first half, get him out of the Park End by half time.

Again their style suits us, they’ll come and try to play on the front foot and be open to the counter. Again I have my reservations about Young vs Gordon. If he does start Young, I don’t think he’ll get away with playing him the full 90 minutes as I think Gordon will make him work. I think it’ll be key to get the timing of the subs right and not leaving players on the pitch who’s legs have gone.
Everton win, 1-0 another clean sheet.

They're beatable away from home.

In recent times Bournemouth have beaten them comfortably 2-0. Wolves got a 2-2 off them and they had a dodgy penalty that night. Also drew 2-2 at West Ham who are up and down at home.

I think this might go similar as v Brighton. Get in the league but simply don't have many options off the bench to get the second and they'll eventually work their way into things.

After the win at Forest a point would be alright.

1-1 draw for me

On that penultimate sentence…..if we win the toss I think we should towards the Street End in the first half so as Pickford ain’t near the horse punchers in the second half.

Reactions: JLW
Hated this game last season was just terrible, with pope out hopefully still be a tough game. But hope we can get a strong home performance would like onana back in the squad with dcl

They're beatable away from home.

In recent times Bournemouth have beaten them comfortably 2-0. Wolves got a 2-2 off them and they had a dodgy penalty that night. Also drew 2-2 at West Ham who are up and down at home.

I think this might go similar as v Brighton. Get in the league but simply don't have many options off the bench to get the second and they'll eventually work their way into things.

After the win at Forest a point would be alright.

Unfortunately, we are very beatable at home

Draw would be a good result

Status
Not open for further replies.