Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was never going to be a winnable game in a million years. Newcastle are a top 4 side. Having said that, our players did seem galvanised in the first half an hour and we actually held our own until we went behind.

Let's beat Leicester and see what the table looks like then.

I'll be in the East Midlands cheering on the lads on Monday night.
Will be a great atmosphere. No faith in us away though mate. Good luck

I think what was so maddening for me was that were things that worked first half but clearly godfrey was being targeted and looking vulnerable but instead of implementing positive changes to throw off new castle or shield a glaring weak spot , Dyche just plods on and then makes a reactive change after a goal happens it seems to be a pattern now

Just like Palace

Aware to everyone but the person that actually make a difference.

He might be able to blag 15k fans at Burnley week in week out for 10 years, but he's miles out of his depth.

He said tonight, with 5 games left and 1 win in 10 that we were a "work in progress".

Unreal.

We'll still likely stay up, but it's disheartening to get beaten so comprehensively by Newcastle.

Having said that, they are light years ahead of us on the pitch and will be playing in the Champions League next season.

I don't feel quite as bad as I did when we were 5 points off safety exactly 12 months ago, but this is still a very low point.

We were actually playing well until they went ahead. Then Goodison understandably went quiet and our players' heads went down and that was it.
Really?

Just like Palace

He might be able to blag 15k fans at Burnley week in week out for 10 years, but he's miles out of his depth.

He said tonight, with 5 games left and 1 win in 10 that we were a "work in progress".

Unreal.
Can't see anyone getting a tune out of this squad. Honestly think Coleman on the pitch is our most important player even now

With you on the numb part, well in the game until brain farts from our right back and they all gave up.

Harsh on Sunday league players though - I’ve played with better fullbacks than those two tonight in my school team and Sunday league.
I said to my dad on the way home was similar to Fulham game. Threw the towel in as soon as the second goal went in and was the same tonight, in fact I think the players had already gave up after an hour.

Well I think it’s confirmed we are one of the worst 3 teams in the division along with Southampton & forest. Leicester will hammer us on Monday.

Worst pair of full backs in the league. If Patterson can't replace either of then then he must be bad. Mykelonko is up there with the worst players I've ever seen in a blue shirt.

Phil Neville against Wigan
This was different though, three or four players being bamboozled along the goal line by one player with not one of them alert enough to put a tackle in and other Everton players transfixed as he put the ball across the goal to an unmarked team mate who tapped it home with a smile on his face and these Everton players call themselves professional footballers, bleedin’ con men would be a truer description!!

Just like Palace

Unreal.

Absolutely mad shout seeing as we're in 19th place with hardly any games left. My worry over the next couple of games is he doesn't change anything. From his interviews I genuinely think he reckons we're on the cusp of something.

dads-were-doomed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.