Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was their second goal from a free kick? If so why do we have no one in the CB position at this point? I lost my "radio" (mobile) signal while I was in the car
Capture.JPG

I've read replies tonight blaming Pickford for being behind the line for their second goal, and that is indeed the case. However, on seeing the clip, he dived to save a shot that was actually blocked in front of him. His dive took him behind the line, and he had insufficient time to get up AND forward again. I would call that rather unlucky...

Pickford seems to be “unlucky” quite a lot this season and last, or maybe he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

if we have to sell someone to balance the books FFP wise he is your man

That's the attitude. Unforgivable but what you gonna do? Let's bottle it in a more proper fashion. eh, and season already over... and that the circle of Evertonian life. It's like waiting for a fresh start that never comes.
I don't what to wait for the next season, I want them just play well regardless whether there are any chances for trophies or not, is that so much to ask? to start well in the future they have to work their boots off NOW.

I completely agree it's not on at all. I don't want to wait for next season. But realistically Ancelotti is very limited by the tools at his disposal and the performance yesterday proved that.
I wait till next season when we have a summer transfer window and gotten rid of the deadwood and bought in players who fit Ancelottis vision. The fact that players like Niasse have to come on or the fact Schneiderlin even gets any minutes shows Carlo has invested a poor quality squad in desperate need of change

The fact that players like Niasse have to come on or the fact Schneiderlin even gets any minutes shows Carlo has invested a poor quality squad in desperate need of change
I'm hoping he's told them all, "Show me why you should stay past the end of the season?" That might go some way to explaining this.

Pathetic finish to that one. Players should pay back their wages for the week

That's the second time this month we are demanding they pay their wages back. Iam at a complete loss with this club. If you under perform on a consistant basis in any other business in the world you will eventually be dismissed from your job. It's time to make a stand and sack those who under perform on a weekly basis.

After sleeping on it my opinion hasn’t changed, I think any good play we had all game, (with the exception of Kean’s goal) is irrelevant after what we’ve done. I also expect the weak minded rats to have their form fall off the face of the earth after that. If we don’t sign anyone I can see us finishing bottom 5-6.

Best it happened in a game like this, look at Bayern Munich is 1999 againSt Utd in the champions league final, they lost 2 goals in injury time to lose the champions league. The game last night will be quickly forgotten Bayern Munich fan will still remember that night like it was yesterday. Everton under Ancelotti is still a working progress and it looking much better and it’s only days, the future looks good under Ancelott.

After sleeping on it my opinion hasn’t changed, I think any good play we had all game, (with the exception of Kean’s goal) is irrelevant after what we’ve done. I also expect the weak minded rats to have their form fall off the face of the earth after that. If we don’t sign anyone I can see us finishing bottom 5-6.
It’s history now, we are doing ok, I’m sure we will finish top half this one result won’t define our season. I know it is frustrating but imo we are looking quite good a lot of the time. Just need to cut out mistakes, but I do agree we need a decent CB and CM who are strong leaders.

Was shocking to crumble so badly in the last few seconds like that. But I feel a lot more positive about us than I should do this morning.

Three talented young forwards who should only get better.

Holgate looking like he’s developing into a quality centre back.

Gomes and Gbamin to hopefully be back on the pitch within the next couple of months.

One of the most decorated managers in the world sitting in the dugout.

UTFT!

Was shocking to crumble so badly in the last few seconds like that. But I feel a lot more positive about us than I should do this morning.

Three talented young forwards who should only get better.

Holgate looking like he’s developing into a quality centre back.

Gomes and Gbamin to hopefully be back on the pitch within the next couple of months.

One of the most decorated managers in the world sitting in the dugout.

UTFT!
It's a proper sucker punch but it's not the worst thing that happened, We totally dominated them and two young lads both under 24 leading the line, We just crumbled as we do in the last couple of seconds which many of us have witnessed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.