Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve rode our luck for months. Other results have gone our way, frequently. If Ancelotti can’t get a tune out of this lot then it’s game over and the realisation once again hits that this team will never win a thing. 2-0 now and I think my point is proven.

Well no it's not, we still need to get beat by Leeds, Man Utd, and Tottenham in the FA Cup like you said we would, and even then we still have 17 games left in the season to play. LMFAO.

An embarrassment that. The players and coaching staff should feel ashamed of themselves after that.

Abysmal. Fair play to Newcastle for showing that application to the task at hand is vital. Our lot were severely lacking that quality.

One of the most depressing games I've seen for a long time. And the worst of it is, with close to a fully fit squad, Ancelotti had no attacking options whatsoever to try and change the course of the game. European ambitions seem laughable now.

they worked harder than us but were allowed to by the incompetent reff constantly allowed them to lunge in to tackles or to tackle with excessive force. had he done his job in the first 20mins it would've been a different game instead they rattled us physically and we lost our way. not an excuse but its true if you allow a side that can only really play that physical style to play that way then you as good as decide the game.

I just don't understand how there's no reaction in the players. How can you get outworked so badly and beaten to every ball, and then just show absolutely no response? Who do you even blame in this situation? It's absolutely everyone. Carlo needs to be able to get through to them, Coleman needs to be able to inspire them as the captain, and to a man each of them needs slap themselves in the face the wake the eff up.

Writing was on the wall as soon as I heard the pundits saying this would be potatoheads longest run in management without and win and the longest run without a win for them in a century or something. If there’s one team guaranteed to to help oppositions prevent worst ever runs it’s us.
same with players who only score 1 goal in their careers, nailed on it will be against us.
That was pathetic today.

And this is what you get.

Honestly, I'm nearing full DaveK on Brands.

Oh, and btw, Pickford was our best player today. By far.

Status
Not open for further replies.