Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed chances doomed us again. Young needs to be dropped. Stupid plays weekly. Time for McNeil to be dropped. He’s done absolutely nothing on both ends. Danjuma provided much more going forward when he came on.

Just forget it and move on
McNeill wasn't great today, but he fits the way the team is set up. You're right about Young, he's been terrible all season, no idea why he still gets a game

I didn’t think we did play all that well in the first half tbh, we had a lot of possession and quite a few shots but the keeper didn’t need to save them, we gave the ball away loads and it was a really scrappy half as well.

That said, Man U are playing better than they look if that makes sense. They are getting results and have decent players, so it’s the kind of result you just brush off and move on to the next one, which is much more winnable.

Not really concerned about what someone online says. I will stick to my opinion that Martial sought his leg and went down like a ton of bricks. It is only an opinion of mine and I know others will see it differently but that is my take on it.
I'm saying you're right but it's also part of the game and also we'd cry wolf if it wasn't given for us, which is reasonable.

A dumb play by a dumb player who should really know better as he's been a pro for 2 decades.

I didn’t think we did play all that well in the first half tbh, we had a lot of possession and quite a few shots but the keeper didn’t need to save them, we gave the ball away loads and it was a really scrappy half as well.

That said, Man U are playing better than they look if that makes sense. They are getting results and have decent players, so it’s the kind of result you just brush off and move on to the next one, which is much more winnable.
Their first eleven is good, better than ours. Nobody could defe

He's done well recently, particularly away from home, but when a game is getting away from us, like the second half today, he never seems to be able to adapt and turn a game around. It's not just the subs, although that is clearly a problem, it's the absence of any alternative system. People will say that's down to personnel but we played five at the back in the cup, for example, and it worked well, but we never, ever change systems during a game.
To be honest, I thought we were decent tonight and it was just one of those days. They score an absolute wonder goal and we could still be playing and not put one into the net.
I think with Onana back we will be better, I think with us passing out from the back will suit him much more than Gana. He’s ideal at taking the ball from the centre half / keeper and pushing forward with it.
Very strange game, I can’t be to upset with the team’s performance, I thought for the most part we were good, and we still walk away losing 3-0.

McNeill wasn't great today, but he fits the way the team is set up. You're right about Young, he's been terrible all season, no idea why he still gets a game
Because he’s basically a hard working wide midfielder, who contributes more defensively, we need more going the other way and he rarely provides it. With dyche as manager we will have to get used to hard working in players over talented ones

Nobody could have defended that first goal ... it was a poor cross, Garnacho did amazing. No shame in conceding a goal like that ... but we could have got back into the game, so a disappointing result all in. Young keeps giving away goals, no idea why he keeps getting a game

So glad they were applauded off, they tried but failed move on last thing we want is fir the crowd to get on the players backs.

Each to their own. I certainly wasn’t suggesting rant at them which I don’t think helps, booing is cringe but at least have some reflection, applauding that dreadful second half In particular isn’t great or does not send the right message either imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.