Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Sean plays this one like his Villa cup game, 3 at the back with 2 wing-backs. I wish they can try the strike patnership as United defense has been very suspect recently.

We have a terrible record against them. I’m dreading playing them next Sunday

It's not that bad at Goodison. Critical win in April 2022 (just 3 days after Burnley away when I'd actually accepted relegation at that point). There was also a 1-1 under Carlo just before lockdown when surprise surprise a scandalous VAR decision overruled a goal late on. Think Silva also got a couple of draws v them and Martinez got a couple of good home wins over them.

Also got a decent amount of draws v them at Old Trafford in last 7-8 years so the record isn't anywhere close as dismal as v their neighbours, RS and even Spurs who haven't lost at Goodison for a long time now. And in recent times Villa aswell.

Think our fans are rightly looking forward to this and the atmosphere but Keep hearing that we are going to smash these and it just has a 2-0 Manc win written all over it for me. Our home record is nothing short of evil.

Think our fans are rightly looking forward to this and the atmosphere but Keep hearing that we are going to smash these and it just has a 2-0 Manc win written all over it for me. Our home record is nothing short of evil.
I had a feeling of a 2-0 home win anyway before this deduction news purely because they have been shocking performance wise and sneaking undeserved wins and the injuries that they have. Should be no where near the points that they have. Just think our home record will improve.
My biggest fear now going into this game is the way Everton will react to the atmosphere/circumstances and go a bit too gung-ho rather than sticking to the tactics / plan. I would actually have been more confident of a win before Fridays news

Status
Not open for further replies.